BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put this message on the apparel forum but got no response so I thought I'd try here. I think I'm about to buy a Shark RSX and wondered if any of you have had any experience with Shark helmets in general, or this one in particular. I'm having a little trouble finding the exact one I want, but should find it eventually. Thanks. John

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi John,
I have had two RSF shark helmets for about 4 yrs now, and have found them great.
I have just upgraded my bike and am also looking for new helmets.
My partner and I do a lot of touring and enjoy an intercom and music, so the noise levels in a helmet are of interest. The new BMW Integral supposedly is the quietest but Ive read that the wind tunnel test are really not the true result. Its more about how tall you are and where the wind hits you off the screen.
cheers
Marty

·
Registered
181 Posts
No direct expereince with Shark but the reviews in Motorcyclist magazine were very strong! Several months back, sorry not much help.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I find the biggest issue with shark helmets is trying to get them to wear one. The wearing of helmets according to sharks is a freedom issue. Additionally sharks indicate that wearing a helmet is dangerous since it effects their vision and hearing. I understand the the neptune organization has convened a committee to study the issue.

Reactions: Vanguard

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, plus if it doesn't really fit right, and you try to force it, you have all those teeth to worry about!! I'm not sure anyone makes one in a "hammerhead" or "long-arrow" shape either... We'll keep looking I guess.

·
Registered
691 Posts
hmeiseles said:
I find the biggest issue with shark helmets is trying to get them to wear one. The wearing of helmets according to sharks is a freedom issue. Additionally sharks indicate that wearing a helmet is dangerous since it effects their vision and hearing. I understand the the neptune organization has convened a committee to study the issue.
the trick is to find one that they want to wear.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.