BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder if I can find a place under the fairing for the radar detector. There is not as much place on the GT as on my other bike, the GSA. Want to keep it clean. Also, where can I install the Baehr intercom, I have a Versus XL, there is not much place under the seat.

·
IBR# 366
3,145 Posts
There's lots of room under there, if you know where to look. :)

I'd start by looking under the left body panel, just above the ABS pump.

As for the intercom, it can go under the passenger seat, alongside the left frame rail under the side of the driver's seat, or under the left body panel just in front of where your knee is. Again, lots of room if you look for it.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Doru-in-Romania said:
I wonder if I can find a place under the fairing for the radar detector. There is not as much place on the GT as on my other bike, the GSA. Want to keep it clean. Also, where can I install the Baehr intercom, I have a Versus XL, there is not much place under the seat.
Check these out

Attachments

·
Registered
261 Posts
Rd

Doru-in-Romania said:
From my post re this subj.

I like the Valentine 1 for a couple reasons. It is quite sensitive, shows direction, and by using their remote control unit, I can bury the main unit under the front cowl under the wind screen. This permits me to put the small remote unit (which has a mute button as well as direction arrows and band id) under the left little wing on the dash, Makes it really stealth.
To waterproof the main unit, I just put it in a quart ziplock bag.
One problem I had with the setup, was after a year or so it began incessently falsing a laser alert. Since burried under the cowl, laser detection isn't possible anyway, I just reprogrammed it to disable the laser alert.

FWIW

Rusty

·
Registered
75 Posts
My V1 is velcroed to the inside of the glovebox, and I have the remote velcroed under the right wing of the dash. As Rusty said above, I don't have laser detection, but that isn't a concern for me. And athough the mounting location may degrade the detection a bit, I still have always had plenty of advance warning of stationary or moving radar.

I also have the V1 running through my Autocom, so I get the audible warning in my earphones. Works very well for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts