BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been talking to 2 dealers.

One just gives me the, "we have no clue" Maybe early october, maybe later.

The other dealer actually logs into a BMW dealer website and has seen his first GT bike, the one for me :D , has moved froma 150 state to a 155 state, 155 I think means final assembly or some such. At that point its packing, shipping to US, then trucking to the West Coast. This dealer told me its usually about 4 weeks from 155 for a fully ramped up production bike, he mentions newer production bikes may take longer.

SO I guess the question, does anyone's dealer have maybe a firmer estimate when the 07 will start showing up?

·
133 Posts
Glad you made the post i had the same question.

My bike came out of production the first week in August. I was told that i should see the bike in the next cople of weeks. I am hoping 2 to 3 more weeks. If i call this afternoon then i will post the response. My bike has been on order since May. We are getting very close.

Retrooby.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Er should your signature line read 2007 K1200GT ?

retroboy said:
______
Retroboy
2006 k1200 GT-Dark Graphite
Counting the Nano Seconds to Delivery
2002 K1200 RS- -Soon Going on Consignment

·
Registered
68 Posts
mine is a week 32 bike..... that's THIS week
it'll be here 3-4 weeks after production ends
that's BMW's usual way of doing things (to the US, that is)

·
Registered
589 Posts
ClearwaterBMW said:
mine is a week 32 bike..... that's THIS week
it'll be here 3-4 weeks after production ends
that's BMW's usual way of doing things (to the US, that is)
Just in time for the Mt Dora foodfest! Should be a good break in ride. Check over at sporttouring, I think it's Sunday 9/10.

·
Looking for better limits...
5,163 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Bobmws said:
Just in time for the Mt Dora foodfest! Should be a good break in ride. Check over at sporttouring, I think it's Sunday 9/10.
hmmm
i had NO idea
i haven't been spending a lot of time over there recently

one thing you might not know is that tomorrow....
i get my OTHER new bike
a 2007 MV Agusta Brutale 910R

maybe i'll ride THAT bike over.... :)

i have already traded my K1200LT..... and i'll be trading my R1200GS when the GT arrives

·
Registered
68 Posts
grifscoots said:
That is just downright, wicked sweet! I love the way they used red valve covers. Talk about a drool starter. Aren't you afraid that the GT will be too tame after that darlin'?

That Brutale can't really be ridden for more than 2-300 miles/day....
The GT will take me anywhere, of course

i LOVE my GS...
but, in my heart, i know that when i get the GT, the GS will rarely be ridden
At 5'6", i NEVER take it off-road... so, it is a street bike for me (and one of the best ever made by anyone)

i figure with the GT and 910R... i'll have a great complimentary pair of bikes :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Has the price increased?

With everyone already ordering 07's - has there been a price increase or did it remain the same?
Thanks,
Bill

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Razel said:
Dealership here has sold four, and that's their allotment for the rest of the year at this point. Couple of K1200S's available, but the pickin's are a bit slim so far.

Is that San Jose BMW?

·
Looking for better limits...
5,163 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
messenger13 said:
"Any idea when 07s will show at dealers?"

My guess would be, the day BEFORE you show up and they already have a deposit down on it! :ricky

DOn't laugh. BOth dealers are suppose to call me, neither will take a deposit. I had 1k in cash, cash. Nope we'll let you know. Now one is caliming its mine, but I have a felling when it shows up, I'll be out of town and guess what.....

·
133 Posts
Just spoke to the dealer.

My bike is out of production and quality review. The dealer said that the bike was being loaded for shipment. I should see the bike in the next 3 to 4 weeks.

I have owned 4 used bmw's and this will be my first new bike. I am going to miss the k1200rs. I am hoping that this will be the bike i have allways dreamed about. The k1200rs has been the best motorcycle i have ever owned.

Retroboy

·
Strafist
2,544 Posts
Yeah, the GS is definitely and prolly one of THE best bikes. I've gotten too spoiled by the LT's protection and just couldn't see doing it. Plus, I scared the bejeeburs out of myself on one. Was chasing some wild goats and found myself WAY up on the side of a bluff, on a GS, with about 2 feet of room, wall next to me, about 100 foot drop on the other side. I did a 32 point turn around (man is that bike tall) and promised myself never to do that again. That bike is definitely not a nimble, leetle dirt bike.

So, GT it is, if I ever get the steenkeen thang. One more day in the barrel.

BTW, the host dealer at CCR, Blue Moon BMW, has two crystal grey ones in stock, a fly and ride program for CCR, reimbursement for CCR fee and they have them NOW. I almost started crying. Loyalty to the dealer I ordered from is the only thang. Well, plus the kewl metallic anthracite grey.

·
Registered
68 Posts
grifscoots said:
BTW, the host dealer at CCR, Blue Moon BMW, has two crystal grey ones in stock, a fly and ride program for CCR, reimbursement for CCR fee and they have them NOW. I almost started crying. Loyalty to the dealer I ordered from is the only thang. Well, plus the kewl metallic anthracite grey.
i fully understand the LOYALTY thing, as well
that's why i'm waiting for my 2007
my dealer also sells ducati and MV and Triumph
so...
i'll be happy to get my Brutale from him as well
1-stop shopping...
just the way i like it

i could have saved a few dollars shopping around
but.... i need my dealer to remain open for a long time to come
so, i'm happy to support them..
it's only fair, i figure

1 - 20 of 31 Posts