BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that full info is available on the 07 model ,is there any gossip or thoughts on what will be different on the 2008 bike? Will it come with the push button gear change if we push enough for it? What do you think will change next year? What is you wish list on changes?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I don't want them to change anything that would make me want to buy a new one! :)

Love my '06.

I did hear a rumor about wings...

·
Premium Member
2,680 Posts
I would like to see added to the 2008:

1. Built-in flash card port so user could do firmware updates from BMW-UK or BMW-NA to the computer without having to go to a dealer. Sort of a mini onboard Motitec (or whatever it's called) that is used for brake bleeds and valve diagnostics.

2. Same port could be used for on-board mp3 player.

3. Add some sort of removalable/upgradeable, but seems to be built-in (lockable), GPS unit using card port above to load routes.

4. Again, same port could be used to store personal bike setup info to the computer (i.e. tire pressure range, shock settings, turn-signal delay turn-off times, owner's name on startup, mechanical service items like spark plug change times and oil change intervals (some of us do it maybe too frequently?), etc.).

5. For BMW to take some lessons from some California based seat builders on how to make a comfortable seat.

Dunno, but the styling has sort of grown on me for some reason...as has the "Refrigerator White" (i.e. Crystal Grey).

·
Strafist
2,544 Posts
GMack said:
Sort of a mini onboard Motitec (or whatever it's called)
On the LT board, we call it the Moronic.

GMack said:
Dunno, but the styling has sort of grown on me for some reason...as has the "Refrigerator White" (i.e. Crystal Grey).
I had a chance to get a Crystal Grey, caused mucho consternation, trembling and gnashing of teeth trying to decide if "right now" beat the color I want and the possibility of the new brakes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts