BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok...I have been thinking bout Tinting my stock wind screen on my RS. Has any body done this? I know you can buy the short dark one from pirates, but I havent seen any that are colored. I would like a blue one to match the blue paint of the bike. Just looking for some ideas....Thanks :tim

·
Registered
589 Posts
I think Zero Gravity offers color tinted screens for some of the Japanese bikes, not sure if they offer an RS shield.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I believe a few members have painted their stock screens. With the right paint, they come out rather nicely. On pre 2002 bikes, getting a stock profile, tinted screen seems to be a no go. I am not sure why. BMW makes one for the newer style fairing and I have one fitted. I have two buddies with 98's and we have had no luck finding suitable screens for them. Again, you can get ones that are lower or taller, just not similar to the standard profile. I wonder if the spray on tint that windshield shops use would be effective on a plastic screen?

·
Looking for better limits...
5,163 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
If you want something to compare it with, try to find some pictures of the Ducati Paso. I do not know wether this bike was sold in the USA, but it was in Europe and has a red 'window'. Takes some 'getting used to', but it is something you like or do not.

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Duc Paso

Frits van Straten said:
If you want something to compare it with, try to find some pictures of the Ducati Paso. I do not know wether this bike was sold in the USA, but it was in Europe and has a red 'window'. Takes some 'getting used to', but it is something you like or do not.
I have one. Paso's have a painted windshield that isn't shaped like the RS' nor is it as functional.

·
Premium Member
511 Posts
Pro-Tint

Hey ArmyGuy,
Check out this link. Click on the Racing or Auto link on the left and see if these boys can help. I know one of the owners, so if you run into a brick wall anywhere, drop me a line, I'll see what I can do. If they can help, see if you can send the shield in and have them install the tint. Keep me posted. http://www.protint.com/Commercial.ivnu :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts