478 Posts
When I grow up I wanna photoshop.....

Very nice work diggitydogg!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Other colors?

Photoshop sure makes my photo-scratch-crap-program look bad.
Any other solid colors or combinations anyone think may look good??
Maybe the solid colors arent so bad!

·
Statmaster
2,313 Posts
Way cool! It's a Powercup GT!

How about doing some photoshop magic and coming up with something similar to the silver/blue RS or the taxi RS.

·
Registered
8 Posts
photos, another great idea

That looks great! If you were to apply the film over the paint it would also help for resale value too since it peels off without leaving a residue. A good way to advertise also.

·
Statmaster
2,313 Posts
Have you seen those minivans with all the advertising from front to rear? With this much flat plastic surfaces on the new GT, you could be a rolling billboard!

·
Registered
8 Posts
rolling billboards

That is exactly what BMW had planned as a way for new GT owners to be able to recoup the expense of a new bike. It would also be a safety feature since everyone would be trying to read the message, they would inevitably be more aware of the bike's presence.

·
Statmaster
2,313 Posts
Yep, you can be the first K1200GT to advertise your local radio station. LOL!!!

·
Registered
290 Posts
diggitydogg said:
See attached.
What's the significance (and the point) of Japanese characters on a German bike??

Actually, it is entirely pointless to attempt a color scheme on a 3D object, with a 2D program like photoshop. The REAL bike is not a 2-D object. Shift your point of view slightly (in 3D) and the attempt at continuing the white stripe on the fairing, on to the tank almost a foot behind, and the result will appear like a total disconnect.

Personally, if I buy a bike this expensive, the last thing I'd want is to look like some boy racer. But that's just my take.

Bob.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts