BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A&S BMW Motorcycles

Anyone had any problems with these folks or are they good to deal with? I'm in the early stages of what could be a nightmare, depends on how they handle it. Just wondering if they are pretty straight or if I'm in for a fight.

Ordered a couple things. Tracking shows it delivered but it never showed. I was actually sitting in front of my house when the info shows it was delievered - I never even saw a truck. Sent a request for help to A&S, it's in their hands now. I hope they go after the shipper and file a loss claim and just send me my stuff, and I hope it plays out quickly.

·
Rider Journeyman
502 Posts
iflybricks said:
A&S BMW Motorcycles

Anyone had any problems with these folks or are they good to deal with? I'm in the early stages of what could be a nightmare, depends on how they handle it. Just wondering if they are pretty straight or if I'm in for a fight.

Ordered a couple things. Tracking shows it delivered but it never showed. I was actually sitting in front of my house when the info shows it was delievered - I never even saw a truck. Sent a request for help to A&S, it's in their hands now. I hope they go after the shipper and file a loss claim and just send me my stuff, and I hope it plays out quickly.
Howdy Nate,

I live around the corner from A&S and have done a lot of business with them over the last five years. My experience is that they are honest and fair in dealings.

It sounds like the carrier is electronically updating the status before the driver actually makes the delivery....but that is just a guess.

Let us all know how this turns out for you :popcorn:

·
Registered
372 Posts
If it's UPS delivering I can tel you from experience of having worked there that a driver will scan a package as delivered and then never actually deliver it because the residence was out of the way. Then he will deliver it the next day or two when he has another delivery in that area. It's BS I know, but that's what happen sometimes. Oh, and UPS can't fire the driver because the Teamster's Union is so far up their ass it would hurt to much.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Nathaniel,

We'll make sure you're taken care of. Please contact our General Manager Jeff Hanrahan and he will make sure you get your product.

800 689 9893

Sorry about the hassle.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BillyOmaha said:
Howdy Nate,

I live around the corner from A&S and have done a lot of business with them over the last five years. My experience is that they are honest and fair in dealings.

It sounds like the carrier is electronically updating the status before the driver actually makes the delivery....but that is just a guess.

Let us all know how this turns out for you :popcorn:

Good to know, much appreciated.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ASPOWERSPORTS said:
Nathaniel,

We'll make sure you're taken care of. Please contact our General Manager Jeff Hanrahan and he will make sure you get your product.

800 689 9893

Sorry about the hassle.
Okey dokey, thanks for replying. I'll drop a line tomorrow :phonecall . Thanks!

·
Registered
749 Posts
I have made purchases from A&S BMW in the past, it was delivered UPS no problems. Looks like in this case they are stepping up to the plate, and making good. A&S is the type of business that understands were a small community, and reputation matters. I would love to see the alleged signature UPS has for the delivery. I'm sure A&S has shipping invoice, and tracking number, and equally sure Nathaniel never received it, sounds like UPS's fault all the way. Way to go A&S!! By the way, I noticed Nathaniel that your in Tenn. As usual I will be attending the MOA Rally which is in Johnson City Tenn. this year. Any intel you can give us, are you familiar with the site of the Rally?

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
2008-K1200GT said:
I have made purchases from A&S BMW in the past, it was delivered UPS no problems. Looks like in this case they are stepping up to the plate, and making good. A&S is the type of business that understands were a small community, and reputation matters. I would love to see the alleged signature UPS has for the delivery. I'm sure A&S has shipping invoice, and tracking number, and equally sure Nathaniel never received it, sounds like UPS's fault all the way. Way to go A&S!! By the way, I noticed Nathaniel that your in Tenn. As usual I will be attending the MOA Rally which is in Johnson City Tenn. this year. Any intel you can give us, are you familiar with the site of the Rally?
It was Fedex Ground actually, not UPS. There's the problem. Fedex Ground is not Fedex but a trucking company they bought several years ago. It was also sent no signature required. Usually not a problem, but I've actually never had this happen before. I don't know what some driver wants this 4 quarts of oil and filter! Maybe he has a K bike too.

Happy to get this squared away tomorrow, one less thing on my plate this month. I'll holler back on the this thread afterwards.

·
Registered
110 Posts
FedEx Ground sucks. :boom: After the few experiences I have had with them I try to avoid having anything shipped to me that way. I will not ship with them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
DrD said:
FedEx Ground sucks. :boom: After the few experiences I have had with them I try to avoid having anything shipped to me that way. I will not ship with them.

I've had the opposite experience. I've shipped dozens of packages all over the US and Canada with FedEx ground and I've never had an issue. :clap:

·
Registered
130 Posts
I've had endless problems with FedEx Ground. I'm sure Jerry with Pirate's Lair can post quite a colorful critique of their aptitude.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I've got nothing but good things to say about my mail order experience with A&S Cycle and from their earlier response wanting to make things right, I feel you have little to worry about. Yes, your oil change may be a few days later but that's a small thing, no? And as a buddy of mine would say, "don't sweat the small stuff".

Before I owned my GT I rode a F800ST. Thought it wise to install some frame sliders on that bike and A&S Cycle had a set of R&G Racing sliders listed for about $125 less than every other site I checked. Seems the dollar had devalued and A&S hadn't yet reflected the higher price that everyone else showed. They called me a day after my online order to say they'd have to special order a set and would honor the lower price. Should they have done so? Sure, you bet. Would most businesses today? Probably not. That bit of decent horsetrading has earned them a customer for life.

Hope you get your oil & filter soon!

David

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Spoke with A&S today and they are going to re-send my order and make a signature required this time. Should have the stuff end of the or early next week they say.

I have to say I'm very happy with this level of customer service.

·
Registered
230 Posts
A & S cycles

"I've had the opposite experience. I've shipped dozens of packages all over the US and Canada with FedEx ground and I've never had an issue."

My experience as well with Fedex Ground. As a matter of fact I have shipped about 300+ packages in the last 1.5 yrs. with no problems whatsoever.

I have heard nothing but good things about A & S. A & S also hosted a tech day at their facility this past summer. One of the members on the bmwst.com site set it up.

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts
'Just a quick note to say that A&S has been good to me too. They have great customer support, and respond to emails quickly.

One "delicate" order, a windscreen, was particularly well-packaged for shipment.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I use A&S as my local dealer. they are actually fixing my wrecked bike. They have gone out of their way to help me out many times. Beyond out of their way to help me several times.

Actually Randy is the best of them all, If it wasn't for him letting me in the store 15 minutes after the store closed on a Sunday to "browse," I probably would have never been a BMW owner. The parts guys are great. I have had them ship to my house and it has always been fast.

never had bad luck with any shipping, but i tend to lean toward UPS.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Update

A&S was great to deal with, they shipped out replacement stuff right away. Fedex ground still sucks though.

A&S sent the new shipment "signature required" so they could just leave it. Saw the tracking info come through, "package delivered, no signature required". Called my wife, it did indeed show. Says signature required right on the box but the driver just bypassed it somehow. Tool.

thanks A&S, pleasure doing business with you. If you read this, go spank Fedex Ground, they're not helping your business (at least at my house). Don't worry, I'll be back, but you gotta ship UPS or postal next time, I'll put it in the special notes section!!!

Happy holiday all! :xcheer:

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Dude, just saw this post and felt I had to respond just because. I've never dealt with A&S for mail order but have dealt with them several times on the road. They have been absolutely wonderful to deal with. Trust me, there are very few places out there that I would bother posting a positive review of but A&S is one of them. They have been great in every respect. Having dealt with them first hand when others wouldn't come through I have no hesitation recommending them.

Sorry about your troubles, but A&S is a first rate dealership. Others should follow suit. And BMW should take notice of how it's done right.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Received my two oil filters and quart of gear oil with which to change the final drive fluid when I reach the magical 600 mile mark. Flawless delivery using FedEx ground as per the email(s) sent by A&S.

Won't hesitate to use these guys again.

Am pleased that you've been taken care of as well.

David

1 - 20 of 25 Posts