BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know whether the new GT made a showing at Toronto? Any pictures?

Long Beach is just around the corner, next week. Looking forward to any impressions and pictures from that show. It's been "promised" that the new GT will be on-hand at L.B. You never know about BMW NA, though. <g>

Miles

·
Registered
398 Posts
I was there on Saturday and no new K1200GT. The R1200s was there but I didn't take any pictures.

·
Registered
6 Posts
No, the GT was not at the Toronto show. Neither was the new GS Adventure, which I thought was supposed to be there. April they say for both. Charley Boorman was there though, and looking pretty much the way he did when he finished the LWR...in need of a haircut.

Jim

·
Registered
193 Posts
As mentioned elsewhere, the GT and F800's won't be appearing at any Canadian shows. The R1200S was a maybe, so I'm glad it was at Toronto (means at least one made it into the country). The HP2 should also have been on display.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys,

I was out of the loop for about a week; terrible at multi-tasking, so just concentrated on the one thing which wasn't bikes, so saw nothing on the news that the GT wasn't on display at Toronto.

Skipped one of those boring Condo Assoc. meetings ("should we inspect everyone's hoses") pleading my case that two one hour segments of the "Long Way Round" were on the T.V. - OLN cable. It was the section where they traveled thru Mongolia and Siberia to the Russian Port on the Pacific.

Didn't know what to expect: two movie actors backed up by a support crew. But, damn, those two, Charlie and Ewan sure toughed it out, lived in a hostile environment in rudimentary shelter. And, at times it seemed the support crew needed more support than they did. Amazed at the hundred thousand dollars in camera equipment and the heavy nature of the adv. GS bikes. Hell those bikes weighed down they way they were with metal saddlebags and equipment looked like they topped the LT in that department. Constantly picking them up and pushing them across streams. Man, it was spellbinding to watch. An inspiriation and maybe a nod toward the brand of bike and the reason we all ride, as well.

Miles

1 - 6 of 6 Posts