BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure that the vast majority of you are members of clubs and groups where you have the chance to participate in numerous rides, be they local 1-2 hour “runs” or more extended trips.
I have joined and benefited from a county club where the emphasis is on the attainment of the Institute of Advanced Motorists’ motorcycling exam and, thanks to them I passed !.
However, I am frustrated by the fact that I cannot find a group of keen riders with whom to go on short weekend runs or those longer trips to the Continent. Of course, it would be ideal to link up with BMW K riders, but perhaps that’s asking too much?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for this info. I'm not necessarily limited to BMW riders but at least it's a good place to check out !

Thanks.

John

·
Registered
51 Posts
JIS said:
I am sure that the vast majority of you are members of clubs and groups where you have the chance to participate in numerous rides, be they local 1-2 hour “runs” or more extended trips.
I have joined and benefited from a county club where the emphasis is on the attainment of the Institute of Advanced Motorists’ motorcycling exam and, thanks to them I passed !.
However, I am frustrated by the fact that I cannot find a group of keen riders with whom to go on short weekend runs or those longer trips to the Continent. Of course, it would be ideal to link up with BMW K riders, but perhaps that’s asking too much?
Hi John,
My family and I are moving back to the UK next summer to the Cambridge area (wife is from Essex and I from California), and would gladly like to join you on a ride (obviously once I become road legal :teeth ).

Alex

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alexb8654 said:
Hi John,
My family and I are moving back to the UK next summer to the Cambridge area (wife is from Essex and I from California), and would gladly like to join you on a ride (obviously once I become road legal :teeth ).

Alex
Sounds great Alex. I have a good friend with a Ducati ST3 who lives near Cambridge; when we meet up it's usually about 75 mins for each of each before we can start our ride out. Good luck with your move back to UK. Look me up when you're back on the road !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts