BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any creative ideas on where and how to mount my i-jet remote on my GT?

·
Addict-oholic
1,423 Posts
eng943 said:
Anyone have any creative ideas on where and how to mount my i-jet remote on my GT?
I use a similar remote control ( another brand) and I velcroed(industrial strength) it to my handlebar near my left hand.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
larrykay said:
I use a similar remote control ( another brand) and I velcroed(industrial strength) it to my handlebar near my left hand.
That's where I was thinking of going with it as well.

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts
I have a wired Warm and Safe Heattroller - a knob for adjusting the temperature of my Warm and Safe heated jacket liner. I attached it to the side of the rectangular clutch reservoir on my 2007 K1200GT. I leave it attached during the winter, but tuck it under the battery cover during the summer to keep it out of the way.

At first I used Velcro, but changed it to 3M Dual Lock, which grips much better.

If you are planning to remove and reattach the remote often, go with the widest Velcro that will fit. Check often to make sure that the Velcro is still gripping well - you don't want to lose your remote.

If you plan to leave remote attached most of the time, then go with the Dual Lock. It is very grippy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts