BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi!
been among the first having the new k, even before official launch. anyway, lost my driver licence with it, changed to gs1200adv in nov 2006 (got the 2007 gsa). now i miss my k, i think will get another one and also keep the gsa at list for a while. i was wondering if in more than a year bmw managed to solve the infancy problem of the k and if not, what still remained unsolved. i've benn confronting with high idle, rough acceleration, almost impossible to ride inside the city, some noise while engaging the clutch nobody knows where it came from. what to expect if i buy a new 2008 gt? oh, front wheel was very easy to bent, had other bikes with cast wheels, none bent as easy as the new k.
thanks.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Doru, If you find the front wheel on a GT easy to bent, you should probably stick with your GS.

Those stray donkeys can be a real bitch at 200ks!!!!!!!

·
Registered
353 Posts
EWS failures are still around on 08s. Don't know if BMW tried to fix the problem and failed, just ignored it in the hopes it would disappear, or decided to not purge their inventory. Just met someone who suffered the failure on an 08 he picked up a month ago.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
howfly said:
EWS failures are still around on 08s. Don't know if BMW tried to fix the problem and failed, just ignored it in the hopes it would disappear, or decided to not purge their inventory. Just met someone who suffered the failure on an 08 he picked up a month ago.
ews has something against bmw, gs owners also complains and i had ews problem on a new bmw m3 car. had to change everything and then do resoft to get rid of the problem, from time to time car refused to start.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts