BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

Yes, I know there are other threads that deal with the exact same question that I'm going to ask here. However, I want to ask the question from an Australian perspective.

The "PM who sits on the backbench" and I have been looking at the various BMW textile suits on offer in Oz. The one that's really taken our fancy is the Streetguard 2. To me it sounds like a suit that could function as a 4 season suit, particularly upon removal of the liner during really hot periods. Problem is, we've spoken to a couple of different dealers who seem to be more keen on selling the Comfort Shell. Take note, the Comfort Shell suits were readily available in the shop but the Streetguard 2 would need to be ordered in. Comments are made that the Streetguard would probably be too hot. This puzzles me if you can believe the blurb on the BMW site?

So, the question is pretty obvious guys! Does anybody in Oz have a Streetguard 2 suit and what do you think of it? Is it too hot for Oz? Or, is the BMW blurb actually true? Please, anybody else around the world who is able to comment, I would really like to hear from you as well.

Enjoy the ride people.

John
'07 K1200GT Graphite (and loving it) :dance:

·
I'm riding
1,339 Posts
John,

I do not ride in Oz but I believe your dealer is right - the suit is too warm for your climate.

I rode this summer here in AirFlow2 and sometimes it was still too hot. And we can not compare our summers, I guess. :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
easyman05 said:
John,

I do not ride in Oz but I believe your dealer is right - the suit is too warm for your climate.

I rode this summer here in AirFlow2 and sometimes it was still too hot. And we can not compare our summers, I guess. :)

Thanks Easyman, I appreciate your comments. :)

Though, you really have to wonder? The Streetguard is promoted, virtually, as a year round suit. The suit is supposedly good in hot or cold. I know it's only promotional or advertising blurb but, heck, will BMW promote a suit in such a way and then risk the backlash when their customers realise it was just that, advertising crap? :mad:

Hey Easyman, again, thanks for your comments. I think I might start a new thread asking about the ComfortShell and Tourance suits from an Australian perspective.

Take care for now,
John
2007 K12GT - Graphite (and loving it) :dance: :dance:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts