BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He works out of a house and is supposed to be good. Claims to do state patrol bikes at the house?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Vallantine

**** did my 30,000 mi. service. He has a good resume. Prompt, good service. Similar rates to the bigger shops.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Here's his website: Vallantine Motor Works

I also have dug up this person:
"A place owners can learn the Inspection, Service, & Repair of their BMW"
Dan Patzer @ BIMMERS ONLY O.E.M parts, Independent Service & Instruction since 1964
12724 Marine Drive, Marysville, Wa 98271 425-259-3601
[email protected]

No personal experience with either - yet.

·
Registered
37 Posts
**** Vallantine's Moto Service

Hi guys:

**** has worked on my 2001 R1150GS, and my 1998 K1200RS.

I took my K to him because the extended service warranty was due to run out in a few months, and the service writer at Ride West refused to simply look over my bike for immenent problems. **** checked her over very carefully, and replaced the tranny and final drive fluids as part of his check. Had to drain 'em to look for chips, right? He changed out the clutch and brake fluids and that went well, with no glitches. Very decent price, and no problem-o with quality of service.

I took my GS to him for it's annual checkover. I told him that all it really needed was a general look-over, synch the throttle bodies, change out the clutch/brake fluids, and check her on the Moby Dick. He told me to bring a hunnert bux. WOW! That is a LOT less than the last time that I took her into RW! I appologized for having over 1/2 tank of gas, and he said that was not a problem, unless of course, I wanted for him to replace the alternator belt or the fuel filter. Uh-oh. Well, she is due for a fuel filter change, and the alternator belt has been on there for about 30,000 miles... OK, how much for the whole deal? The whole deal came to $240.

**** is good.

By the way, ****'s web site is: http://www.vmwmotorcycles.com/

Seeya
ATB

1 - 5 of 5 Posts