BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer did confirmed that i will be getting the second generation tank bag and the problems have been resolved.

Has anyone seen the redesigned bag. Hopefully, I can post a picture next week when i pick up the bike.

Retroboy

·
Registered
68 Posts
and mine.....
a Marsee Corona 20L
with the magnetic gas cap assembly mount
oh.......
and it's ELECTRIFIED....
nothing can be better than THAT :p

·
Registered
68 Posts
messenger13 said:
Mine's "electrified" AND, when I gas up, my BigMak just hinges up and outta the way. PRICELESS. :)
she IS a beauty

·
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Greg and Messanger 13

Hey i am happy your excited about your tank bag selection. I have GOOD NEWS FOR YOU BESIDE I JUST SAVED 15% ON MY CAR INSURANCE. THE SAINTS ARE 2 AND O BABY

If you are touring through the Gulf Coast and New orleans spend alot of money.

Retroboy

·
The Gov
660 Posts
messenger13 said:
MY redesigned tankbag was done by Mark at BigMak! :D :D :D
Same here. The shelf has worked out and my trusty, reliable tank bag is now installed.

Anybody wanna buy a BMW tang bag that has been fixed?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Retroboy, I'm looking for the same answer you are. I want the part number of the 'new, improved' bag to make sure I don't get the old one. Please post the part number once you confirm it's the new bag. Thanks!

·
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The dealer informed me of this

They are no longer shipping the old model number. Therefor, If your dealer orders you a new bag it will be the revised edition. The question is did BMW Solve the problems ?

Retroboy.

·
Registered
79 Posts
New Bag - not yet

retroboy said:
They are no longer shipping the old model number. Therefor, If your dealer orders you a new bag it will be the revised edition. The question is did BMW Solve the problems ?

Retroboy.
Yeah - but they still have the old ones on the shelves at the dealers.

Short story - Checked with a dealer last week and made sure that I asked if he had the new design bag - absolutely. Went down and picked it up and when I got home I checked the part number and looked at some of the pictures - it was the old style bag.
When the bag was returned the parts guy had no inkling of a revised bag for the GT.

I think I am going to wait a bit until the old stock clears before I purchase the new bag.
Bill

·
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I will hopefully be able to post pictures by Friday.

Last Saturday, My bike was invoiced and on its way. I am hoping it arrives tomorrow. I will post pictures as soon as I get the baby.

From what i understand, The new tank bag has a different part number. The dealer seemed to think they would have the new bag. Of course, They said i would have my bike in June.

Retroboy.

·
Registered
79 Posts
So - did the bike come in?
Bill

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have the new tank bag fitted today.

Fits nice and tight and probably looks like the old one. Has two side pockets and can be expanded in two phases using zips.

·
Registered
838 Posts
wadham said:
I have the new tank bag fitted today.

Fits nice and tight and probably looks like the old one. Has two side pockets and can be expanded in two phases using zips.

Would you please send us all along the part number? I heard it was a new number?

Thanks!

·
Registered
838 Posts
SUCATI said:
What was wrong with the original tank bag?
The retaining straps are too long and don't allow enough adjustment. Only by modifying and removing some stitching is it possible to cinch tight and safely use. A modification I for one am not prepared to make on a $400 CDN tank bag.

My local dealer has agreed to replace it with the new version when it becomes available. Which sounds like may be very soon here in Canada.

·
Registered
68 Posts
it's still pathetic that for $400.00 you don't get an ELECTRIFIED bag

i'll keep my 20 Liter Mr. Pockets Marsee Corona with the magnetic gas/cap attachment and full electrification

·
Registered
838 Posts
ClearwaterBMW said:
it's still pathetic that for $400.00 you don't get an ELECTRIFIED bag

i'll keep my 20 Liter Mr. Pockets Marsee Corona with the magnetic gas/cap attachment and full electrification
But Greg it doesn't have the "stitched in" roundel. That's what really counts. Heck I paid at least $250 for that feature. :wtf

1 - 20 of 24 Posts