BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering as I see their dress code is "Jackets required. No jeans, T-shirts, shorts, or tennis shoes please" per their website. I'm wondering if the expensive BMW gear (jacket and Comfort Shell pants for example) would pass their inspection? Packing a jacket and formal dress for her on the bike is a bit much.

Granted, spending $240 less drinks per person may seem a bit much for a 9-course meal, but you only live once...and some of us spend more than that on our farkles.

Juz wundeirn'... :confused:

Oh, fwiw, a buddy and his wife tried to get into the Inn in Furnace Creek and was denied entry as "He didn't have a 'tie' nor proper jacket on." It's Death Valley for cripes sake! The arrogance of the maitre d' was "Sorry sir, but we are completely full this evening" even though it was practically empty. It was his honeymoon and it was 115 degrees outside. Welcome to Death Valley, CA.

Mack

·
Registered
478 Posts
I live only 20 minutes from Napa and have gone there for dinner twice. Nice-but overrated imo. Like you said -you only live once. Being Kalifornia and not NYC, dress codes are pretty loose I have found. I don't remember wearing a sport jacket, just "business casual". Nice jeans are what I wear all the time and a nice shirt-(Tommy B) is my dress code for a night out. Even with the slowly improving economy, any restaurant-even upscale, would be ignorant to turn away customers for outdated dress codes. You might go to Mustards as an alternative-just as good!

·
Premium Member
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Phil. I may need to check out Mustard's too. Some of that stuff on their site's menu looks pretty good and can't beat the price! :)

Mack

·
Riding in company
292 Posts
GMack said:
"Jackets required. No jeans, T-shirts, shorts, or tennis shoes please" per their website. I'm wondering if the expensive BMW gear (jacket and Comfort Shell pants for example) would pass their inspection? Mack
Sounds like they want you in clothing, not gear. But ignore their wishes in their restaurant (bring your phone, too) - I'm sure you'll get great service anyway. Certainly you would in NYC.

·
Premium Member
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bill, I think that will be the plan. If we show up in riding gear and they refuse to serve then they are out the money. I don't know what recourse there is if they have some sort of charge imposed showing up otherwise. I may call as I wouldn't be surprised if they do and if they ask for your credit card info to reserve beforehand. Dunno how they work. :dunno:

Fwiw, I was asked to leave once by the restaurant owner when I had my Harley and wore the company's branded leather jacket. I had just sat down and I immediately noticed that some old man and his wife began spewing off on the owner about "Allowing bikers in the joint and WE will not ever set foot in his place again if he allows damn bikers in there." I heard some of it (my hearing was pretty good then) and he came over and asked me to leave to "Keep the locals happy." I did and he came out and told me to come back later after they left for a free meal on him. He told me the "Oldsters in town were his pork-and-beans and he had to keep them happy else he wouldn't be there." Never went back though.

Mack

·
Riding in company
292 Posts
GMack said:
Bill, I think that will be the plan. If we show up in riding gear and they refuse to serve then they are out the money.
Mack
You've mistaken my sarcasm for sincerity. Do what you want, but don't forget that they can spit in your soup. I would.

·
Addict-oholic
1,423 Posts
Go for it. I would take off my jacket while seated and look like a "rube". I went there and 12 of us ate in sport shirts and slacks. No real dress code to speak of , just so you don't look like a bum.

·
Registered
969 Posts
GMack said:
Just wondering as I see their dress code is "Jackets required. No jeans, T-shirts, shorts, or tennis shoes please" per wwfrench do not click laundry

Mack
FWIW,
When I clicked on the link to the restaurant, Norton said it was a potential threat due to malicious whatevers.

I changed the link on my post so you can't click on it.

·
Premium Member
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
allikanbe1 said:
FWIW,
When I clicked on the link to the restaurant, Norton said it was a potential threat due to malicious whatevers.

I changed the link on my post so you can't click on it.
Weird. When I just clicked on the link I got "Down for Maintenance." Maybe they are working on it. http://www.frenchlaundry.com

I doubt if a business that is a brick-and-mortar operation would be posting suspicious links and Norton's SafeWeb may be posting another false positive (Not that they ever do.). The site does have links to his other restaurants though. There webmaster's fault? Who knows?

Hey Chef Keller! "If your website screws up my computer I want a free meal!" :)

Mack

1 - 9 of 9 Posts