BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in Virginia, and just need someone to visit the dealer site to make sure its all there, runs and lot rides. Will not hold a member responsible if there is something wrong with it if I buy it and ship it. Just want a pair of eyeballs to make sure its real. I can PM the location and also compensate you for your trouble if needed. Just let me know if I can afford you. Also would like recommendations if anyone has used a shipper recently and they got the job done to your satisfaction. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I could still use some boots on the ground in Houston to look at that K1600GTL in the NE of the city. Probably going to give up if I can't get someone to verify it runs and has no obvious problems.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I tried to hire a local inspector and got scammed out of a few bucks. He even went by the dealer and introduced himself, but then never came back for the inspection. Luckily I used a payment method I can get the money back via, but it's still not a good thing. Be careful folks!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Too bad it's 2-1/2 hours away from me. I could check it with my GS-911.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Houston Inspection & Shipping

Also would like recommendations if anyone has used a shipper recently and they got the job done to your satisfaction. Thanks in advance.
I can't help you with the inspection. From Dallas, it'd be an all day affair to go down to Houston and back, plus gas and tolls. I have a Harley buddy who lives just west of Houston in Katy, TX; he might be interested. Let me know by PM and we'll go from there.

However, if/when you ever decide to purchase the bike, I can recommend Issac's Motorcycle Shipping. I sold my Ducati 916 to a guy in Houston a couple of years ago. He contracted with Isaac's. I was very impressed with the trailer he had and how he loaded and secured the bike for travel. He can do several bikes in the trailer, and usually does in order to minimize travel expenses. Feedback from the buyer in Houston was that the bike arrived safe with no issues. Isaac's goes coast to coast.

You can tell him I referred you, but he may not remember me. Contact info is 1-918-507-0567.

Best of luck,

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks- Got it here in less than 2 days for $715. Did brakes, brake fluid, oil change, final drive change and lowered it with links on the bottom of the shock. Began feeling hesitation over bumps, and big bumps I could smell burning rubber. Turns out the rear ESA shock is flat. Got a used one for $150 from ebay headed here. Oh well, gotta go deep on this one.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Glad it worked. Actually, Issac's also did the verification for you. They had to arrange the pickup, and in so doing, proved that it wasn't a hoax. He had to run it to load the bike, so you know that the bike was operational.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts