BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to replace my OEM Pilot Powers withPilot Roads. Has anyone tried these yet on an S? Any comparisons between them and Powers?? I know they will last longer just wondering how the handling may change.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Although not the S … my impressions on an RS (120f/180r, psi by the book). The Powers had more character and half the lifespan. The Roads were good tires for grip (dry or wet) but liked to be vertical … took more effort to coax (and hold) them in a lean. With the Powers I could just dial in whatever angle desired. Definitely a different profile. The Powers had way more grip on dry roads than the Roads and inspired more confidence. In the wet I’m ultra-conservative so can’t compare unless to say neither disappointed me. Lastly, the Powers really liked to be warmed up.

The dilemma I’m faced with is my next trip of 10K km where half is over flat-line abrasives. It seems a waste to wear off ‘sports’ rubber for no purpose. So, once the OEM Metz on the R have worn through, I think I’ll be compromising with a set of Roads in preparation, then Powers afterward (I really liked them).

FWIW, the Metz are certainly capable and get the job done, but that’s it. Sort of dull (should I expect more from my tires?). The Powers were a perfect match for the RS suspension. It’ll be interesting to see how they work on a R.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts