BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed my Sargent seat today. I think I'll really like the seat. However, the pillion backrest does not have a very positive engagement when installed and it has a fair bit of lateral slop. Has anyone else used this combo? If so, just wondering if you've had the same experience?

Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Sargent Back Rest

Yes, I have one and didn't care for the fit at first. I was used to Corbin's seats and their back rest systems. I called Sargents and they said, "Try it and if you don't like it, send it back for a refund." We gave it several tests, my wife likes it and we've had no problems with it.

Mike

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

mikec said:
Yes, I have one and didn't care for the fit at first. I was used to Corbin's seats and their back rest systems. I called Sargents and they said, "Try it and if you don't like it, send it back for a refund." We gave it several tests, my wife likes it and we've had no problems with it.

Mike
Thanks Mike. So you experienced what could best be described as "slop" when the backrest was installed? I notice a very faint click when installing the rest - but it can easily be pushed beyond the click. However, once in place it moves side to side maybe an 8th or a 16th of an inch in either direction. I appreciate your input.

Regards,
Eric

·
Registered
969 Posts
Yes, same thing on my 07 KS. More firm would be better, but it works fine.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
allikanbe1 said:
Yes, same thing on my 07 KS. More firm would be better, but it works fine.
Thanks. I'm starting to feel better about the setup.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I left a link to a thread on Bakup backrests on your other thread. If you like the stock seat and don't want a topcase, the bakup is the way to go.
I did price out a different seat with a backrest (Sargent, Corbin), if you go this route, assuming you want to retain the heated seat function, you are looking a $1000 give or take.

Gilly

1 - 9 of 9 Posts