BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Vista Cruise is for cheapskates and can be a PITA. I've had them on two bikes with mixed results. The biggest problem is that once you get the tension tight enough to hold the throttle open you may end up having to resort to closing the throttle manually (it won't 'snap' closed).

Save your money and buy one of the bar-end throttle locks (Throttlemeister etc...).

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oregon_Rider said:
Vista Cruise is for cheapskates and can be a PITA. I've had them on two bikes with mixed results. The biggest problem is that once you get the tension tight enough to hold the throttle open you may end up having to resort to closing the throttle manually (it won't 'snap' closed).

Save your money and buy one of the bar-end throttle locks (Throttlemeister etc...).
Thanks for all the input guys. My Dad used to have the Vista Cruise one on his SilverWing and worked great, he tried to adapt it to a ST1300 and it is horrible causing exactly what was mentioned above, so I guess it works in some situations and not in others

I am getting that 5000RPM buzzzz on my K1200S and I have been 110% assured by the local dealer that the ThrottleMeisters "HEAVY" fix that problem, as well as give you a cruise control. So one rock two rabbits......... already ordered it, and now they even have the one that is powder coated black to match the bike a little better.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I don't imagine you'd need heated grips down in GA, but if you've got 'em, be careful when you install the new bar-end weights. I disconnected the element on one of my grips when I put mine on.

Throttlemeister is a well-made unit. You'll be happy.

·
Registered
37 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Another Thumbs Up for the Kaoko Throttle Control

Just installed mine and out for a test drive. I like it a lot and it blends right in with my black K12S. The product does not come with detailed instructions and so it took me several attempts to get it just right...so, istallation does demand a little patience.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
kaoko

Another vote for the kaoko . Works easier , imho , than a 'meister and installs in less than 1 minute - and mine came with instructions .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts