BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If so, do you like them, did they help riding comfort? Would you buy them again? Thanks, appreciate any info before I invest 165 dollars.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Do you like them?

Yes, easy to install, good quality, 30mm do not require any cable or hose replacement, but does require minor rerouting.

Did they help riding comfort?

I think so. Had been on a cruiser for 5 years before this bike and took a while to get my "sport bike form" (aka monkey humping a football look) back. I am tempted to pull them back off for a while to see if I still have the back pain I was getting initially. Note, the bike handles differently and you do feel the front suspension movement more.

Would you buy them again?

Probably.

·
Registered
123 Posts
shotgun said:
If so, do you like them, did they help riding comfort? Would you buy them again? Thanks, appreciate any info before I invest 165 dollars.
I have the 30mm set. They came on my bike when I bought it. I have removed/replaced them several times trying to decide if I want them, and have decided that I'm going to leave them on. They definately help with comfort on the long days.

As mentioned, they should work with stock cables and lines, HOWEVER, my brake line was stressed when the bars were turned full left, and the brake hose finally gave out. It came apart at the crimp, luckily when I was home. I went to a local hydraulic shop and they made me a +2" hose for about $30.

·
Registered
21 Posts
AM Barbacks

I've been using the 30mm version for 3 years. Standard cables no problem. Much more comfortable than standard, especially on long runs. Recommended!
1 thing to watch out for. They will raise your natural head position by a little. This will put you more in line with the windblast over your screen. I changed mine to a Secdem screen, by far the best comfort mod you can do to an RS!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have been using the Type 1 bar-backs for quite a while now due to wrist problems, and decided to try the Type 2 to see if they were any better. Was very disappointed with the Type 2s. They made me feel the front end feel somewhat vague, and were no help in the wrist department. The Type 1s were definately better, but the comments about the wiring and brake line length apply. The re-routing of the wiring and the new brake hose for the Type 2s solved those problems. I am back on the Type 1s to stay.

·
Registered
55 Posts
It seems suburban machine stopped making the type 1 and only offer the type 2. I had the type 2 on my GT and I dont remeber liking them. I am probably going to start out with something shorter like a 30mm. Any good recomendations? On an 02 RS do I need t change any lines to get a riser on?

·
Registered
123 Posts
irishbiquer said:
This will put you more in line with the windblast over your screen. I changed mine to a Secdem screen, by far the best comfort mod you can do to an RS!
What is a Secdem? Where can I buy one? Can you please post a picture of your bike with the Secdem screen? Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts