BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

Are you enjoying the Cooler Weather?

4K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  rfespinosa 
#1 ·
I'm glad it finally cooled down here in the mid-west. Rode to work this AM temp 43, cloudy with a 10-15 mile North wind. No problem, wore my regular Bellstaff gloves for normal weather, wore my Gerbing electric vest (plugged in) boots and a pair of Dockers (pants). Stayed plenty warm by firing up the heated seat and turning on the grips. The Gerbing worked perfect on my upper body. Ive got a 45 mile commute each way to work so will contine to use the RS/GT as much as possible. (I converted my RS to a GT) I didn't notice any other bikes on my way to work so I guess a little cool weather puts the "wannabe" rides in storage. I really do appreciate the fine areodynamics of the RS/GT. I like that I stay warm, and can ride while others drive!! I wonder if the new KRsers will be able to say the same. Hope I see some of you out there!

#2 ·
45 and raining when I left work tonight, that pretty much sucked. I don't mind the cold or the rain, but they make a pretty shitty combination. It's just too early to give in and drive the car more often.

#5 ·
B_Haugen said:
I'm glad it finally cooled down here in the mid-west. Rode to work this AM temp 43, cloudy with a 10-15 mile North wind. No problem, wore my regular Bellstaff gloves for normal weather, wore my Gerbing electric vest (plugged in) boots and a pair of Dockers (pants). Stayed plenty warm by firing up the heated seat and turning on the grips. The Gerbing worked perfect on my upper body. Ive got a 45 mile commute each way to work so will contine to use the RS/GT as much as possible. (I converted my RS to a GT) I didn't notice any other bikes on my way to work so I guess a little cool weather puts the "wannabe" rides in storage. I really do appreciate the fine areodynamics of the RS/GT. I like that I stay warm, and can ride while others drive!! I wonder if the new KRsers will be able to say the same. Hope I see some of you out there!
No cool weather here yet in CA. Maybe another couple month or so. Can't wait to use the grips..:D BTW, since you've converted your RS to a GT, whats involved to get the heated seat option?

#6 ·
Lucky, It's cool in California. You just have to ride at 4:00 a.m. to work like I do.

#9 ·
Blkvelvt said:
Lucky, It's cool in California. You just have to ride at 4:00 a.m. to work like I do.
Thats the time I'm just getting some shut eye:sleep: . What part of Cali are you in, it felt like in the 80's today:D

#10 ·
Maybe we'll get a reprive?

Forget the driving rain and low 40's temps we've had here for the last 3-4 days...it snowed, covered the ground kinda snow, todayon top of the mtn I pass over to go to work in Allentown from Scranton PA. Come on, it's not even Halloween yet! I had to drive thru it thinking, that's it! no more good long rides this season, just those short jaunts to keep the battery charged (mine, not the bikes, it's on a battery tender of course).

#13 ·
Looks like it'll be little tough riding in Norway!

It's been getting down to around 8 deg C in the am (about 46F). I'm fine in my First Gear jacket and pants esp. with the heated seat/grips.

What I don't like is when it's dark when I leave work which it isn't yet but soon will be (standard time kicking in soon). It's difficult for others to see bikes in the dark esp. if it's raining. Can't say I enjoy riding on a dark rainy night either.

#15 ·
DangerMoney said:
Yes, I'm enjoying the cooler weather. Now that it's dropped from 110 down to the 80s I'm enjoying it much more.
I like your choice of bikes. I bought an R 1150 RT two years ago, then I wanted something more sporty. I seriously looked at the red VFR but eventually settled on an '04 K1200 RS, alpine white / orient blue. I love this bike. I still have the RT.

Ron

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.