BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brothers and sisters.. Need some Arai helmet advice... I'm close to pulling the trigger on a particular Arai Quantum 2 helmet.. The helmet I want has been discontinued for 2011 but the graphics on this 2010 model rock my world. It's being replaced by the RX-Q which is essentially the same helmet with minor improvements....

My question is to all the Arai owners as I've NEVER owned an Aria... While looking at these earlier today (including other model Arias)... it looks to me like the shield will NOT stay in any position I put it and stay.. Instead.. it looks like you can lock it up or lock it down, but when you're moving it's NOT gonna stay up unless it's all the way up.... As I ride 50% of the time with my shield slightly cracked and perhaps 1/2"-1" open.. this might be a deal breaker...

So to you Arai owners... can you leave your shield open in whatever position you want? or is it up or down??

BTW.... Thx but I'm NOT wanting suggestions for other brand helmets.... I know there's a lot of cool options out there, and I'm sure someone will be chomping at the bit to "inform" me that their chosen lid is better.. or cheaper.. or lighter.. or quieter... or has bigger breasts...etc etc.... Not interested....

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've got 2 of the older RX-7 Corsair and I have no problems running them with the shield at various open positions. I am looking to replace one with the new RX-Q and although I haven't paid close attention to the shield opening situation, I would be surprised if it is different. From what my folks at my local shop have said, the RX-Q is a more street oriented version (quieter/etc) version of the current Corsair line.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Arai

Pirate said:
My brothers and sisters.. Need some Arai helmet advice... I'm close to pulling the trigger on a particular Arai Quantum 2 helmet.. The helmet I want has been discontinued for 2011 but the graphics on this 2010 model rock my world. It's being replaced by the RX-Q which is essentially the same helmet with minor improvements....

My question is to all the Arai owners as I've NEVER owned an Aria... While looking at these earlier today (including other model Arias)... it looks to me like the shield will NOT stay in any position I put it and stay.. Instead.. it looks like you can lock it up or lock it down, but when you're moving it's NOT gonna stay up unless it's all the way up.... As I ride 50% of the time with my shield slightly cracked and perhaps 1/2"-1" open.. this might be a deal breaker...

So to you Arai owners... can you leave your shield open in whatever position you want? or is it up or down??

BTW.... Thx but I'm NOT wanting suggestions for other brand helmets.... I know there's a lot of cool options out there, and I'm sure someone will be chomping at the bit to "inform" me that their chosen lid is better.. or cheaper.. or lighter.. or quieter... or has bigger breasts...etc etc.... Not interested....
I very seldom lock my Quantum visor closed when on the move , no need to . I close it without locking and when I need some air I lift it and It will stay in the position I want .Is there not chance of you trying a friends on before you purchase just to be sure .

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have an Arai Quatum. Visor stays up at 55-60 mph as long as I am looking straight ahead however if I look down at my gauges it will close automatically. I have had it for about 6 years and love it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My Arai Profile shield stays open without problems. I prefer it at the first click/detent unless I am going 45 mph or more. Then it starts to get noisy so I close the shield and use the plentiful vents it has to stay relatively cool.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts