BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Statmaster
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We haven't done an Arkansas trip as a group this year, so it was suggested to me that we try one in June. Since the person who suggested it always seems to be busy the weekend we try to do things, I asked him to pick the weekend. Well, he has, so here we go!

I am proposing that we go the weekend of June 23-25, 2006. The weekend before that was too close to other trips, and the third weekend is Father's Day.

Tell them you are with the BMW group and you will get the price of $49 for two double beds, or $59 for a king room.

Their number is: 1-800-597-9963

The Hub is located a few miles north of Jasper, AR, right smack dab in the middle of the best motorcycling roads in Arkansas. There is a restaurant onsite. Harrison just just north, and Jasper is just south on Scenic Highway 7.

·
Statmaster
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We normally meet in McKinney and take a route through Talimina Skyline Drive on our way up there. Watch this thread and we'll let you know what is being planned

·
Statmaster
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bump. Just bumping the thread. Heading out next Friday!!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Sounds like we might bump into each other. I'm headed to Mena with a few others on Friday as well. We're camping at Queen Wilhelmina.

Rob

·
Registered
362 Posts
eljeffe said:
We normally meet in McKinney and take a route through Talimina Skyline Drive on our way up there. Watch this thread and we'll let you know what is being planned
Debbie and I may be able to make it. :tim

·
Statmaster
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hope to see you and Debbie there. Looks like Sutton and David Scott will be there. Wayne is a maybe. And I heard James has a prior commitment, so it looks like he won't be there (but he'll be missed ;) )

·
Registered
362 Posts
eljeffe said:
And I heard James has a prior commitment, so it looks like he won't be there (but he'll be missed ;) )
Looks like James is the one we'll talk about :D
Do you have James address, so we can send him the beer bill?

·
Registered
362 Posts
eljeffe said:
Tell them you are with the BMW group and you will get the price of $49 for two double beds, or $59 for a king room.
I made a reservation. Now I see how you pay for the beer, I did not mention the BMW group and two double beds is $40 and the King is $55 :D

·
Statmaster
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That might have been the price on the original date. I got $55 as well. Oops.

BTW, make sure you buy your BEER or whatever spirit you like BEFORE you get too close to the Hub. That county is dry, and I think Missouri is the closest wet place to the Hub. If you go through Fayetteville in the way up, you can get stuff there. Also, I think Ozark is wet, so you can get stuff there as well.

·
Registered
362 Posts
eljeffe said:
BTW, make sure you buy your BEER or whatever spirit you like BEFORE you get too close to the Hub. That county is dry, and I think Missouri is the closest wet place to the Hub. /QUOTE]

We'll come down 65 and 7. Brason, Mo. and Harrison Ar. Can't remember if Harrison is dry.

·
Statmaster
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Trust me. Harrison is dry. We'll let ole peckergnat tell you the story of his quest for beer one rainy night. LOL!!!

·
Registered
507 Posts
That sound like fun, I live in Plano and have been trying to ride up to Arkansas for some time. Having said that I have to head for Houston for an equipment field test Sunday evening. Maybe I can catch up with you next time.

Cheers
Jim

·
Registered
436 Posts
I may meet up with you guys tomorrow! Any Idea where you're going to do lunch. I'd be riding from Memphis.
Please email [email protected]

·
Registered
436 Posts
Leave me a voicemail regarding lunch location on Saturday

I've decided to come, please leave a voicemail on my phone regarding the lunch location 901-382-7400.

·
Statmaster
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It was great seeing you and Debbie. My sides and stomach still hurts from all the laughing. Glad you two made it home safe and hope to see you next year.

Keep Rango's thing next May in mind.

·
Statmaster
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Robert,

Sorry we didn't hook up with you for the ride, but it was good seeing you at the hotel. Hope you didn't get home in time to mow the lawn. :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts