BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
I see that 100 people have viewed your question and no one has responded, so I got on google:

Here's some info I found on WebBikeWorld:

"In its basic principles, the system and its various functions are quite straight forward: The ABS wheel sensors determine the speed at which the wheels are turning. Registering any sudden change in the difference in speed front-to-rear, the electronic control unit is able to detect any risk of the rear wheel spinning, engine management responding immediately by intervening in the ignition angle to take back engine power. Should this not be sufficient, that is should a greater reduction of engine power be required, fuel injection will be cancelled out for a certain time."

So OLDNSLOMO, it seems to me that the ASC works by managing ignition and then cuts fuel injection. I have no idea if the throttle stop solenoid is implicated.....but the implication from the above is NO.

·
Registered
677 Posts
oldnslomo said:
thx for feedback,i shimmed the throttle stop 3/8 inch, have to stay awake in 1/2 gear as front gets light,but is more fun to ride... :)
Good. Try not to kill yourself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts