BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new GT cancels the blinker automatically after a couple of hundred yards, or so. I absolutely dislike this feature. I found myself in several situations, where I was “running out of blinking” just when I was taking the turn. I am now re-pressing the blinker button every hundred yards, or so, just to get into some kind of new routine.

Do you guys like this feature or does it annoy you? Does anyone know how to disable this automatic reset? My dealer told me that it is a new law to have it and that it cannot be disabled.

Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
497 Posts
RalphV said:
The new GT cancels the blinker automatically after a couple of hundred yards, or so. I absolutely dislike this feature. I found myself in several situations, where I was “running out of blinking” just when I was taking the turn. I am now re-pressing the blinker button every hundred yards, or so, just to get into some kind of new routine.

Do you guys like this feature or does it annoy you? Does anyone know how to disable this automatic reset? My dealer told me that it is a new law to have it and that it cannot be disabled.

Thanks for your input.

I don't have the manual in front of me, but I believe that the "cancellation policy" of the signals is 365' or 10 sec. To put 365' into perspective, that is slightly longer than 1/3 the length of the aircraft carrier USS Ronald Reagan.

I believe (but I amy easily be wrong) that here in WI the law for signaling turn or lane change intent is 150' before the action.

Personally, I have only had to "re-signal" a few times and actually do not find myself letting the auto off feature do it's stuff; I turn the signal off manually.

So, in short, no it does not annoy me.

Brian

·
Registered
57 Posts
RalphV said:
Do you guys like this feature or does it annoy you?
It annoys me big time. I also want to turn it off. When I'm riding in a group I use the turn signal to let the others know that it is safe to pass, with the GT I can't do that anymore.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts