BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone added an aux fuel cell to an RS? I came across one link where a guy installed a 5 gal cell bought from Summit Racing, be he never showed how he did the plumbing? Anyone with any experience with this?
tks
CJ

·
Registered
513 Posts
I have seen one on an LT. It was mounted on the right side along the bottom under the bag. it looked like a small chromed torpedo. The rider told he had someone install it and had an electric fuel pump that when turned on would pump fuel into the main tank.
I can't remember how he filled it.

·
Addict
3,750 Posts
I was curious then found some nice bike pics on their site:

http://www.tourtank.com/

For me using the pillion seat, I would probably just go find a decent ABS petrol container for a gallon or so. I have an Oxford extending seat bag and I can get a plastic fuel can inside that.

Once you start carrying more than a couple of gallons, the internal baffles get important to stop sudden weight changes as fuel slops about. That is probably an issue with the long cells strapped on the seat if they get part empty. I think the issue of running a remote fuel cell depends on whether you see it as a permanent fixture, or just a spare full can of gas to stop and use.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
513 Posts
Vox has a point, I sometimes carry a one gallon plastic fuel can in my carry bag placed on the lugage rack/seat.

The western USA has some large distances between towns and at warp speed equaling 30 mpg I have some extra fuel to get me to a gas station.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have a 1 gallon mini gas can that I will bring on longer rides. My Triumph Tiger had a huge 24 litre tank and I was able to go the distance without fear of running dry.

What kind of distances are you guys seeing with the RS's using "average" throttle?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts