BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any auxiliary lighting sources for the new K? I've done a search of the forums and can't find any info for auxiliary lighting. Where would you mount them at?

GSDave

·
Registered
8 Posts
Have had Motolights on my S for 1000mi now and previously on a K1200LT. They mount on the brake calipers, look stock in powder coat black and provide an eye-catching triangle of light that will get the attention of the most braindead driver. Don't look to them for nighttime road illumination as they sit too low for that. For conspicuity however, nothing beats them. On my LT left lane hogs on the interstate would scramble to get out of my way thinking I was a trooper bearing down on them. Gosh, I miss that rush!

·
Registered
288 Posts
also have motolights on my S, also mounted on my calipers, be careful to align them properly so that you don't shine them unto oncoming traffic or the guy in front of you. I like these more than the PIAAs since they come with a lifetime warranty for everything, including broken lenses should a rock fly up on 'em.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Try 100w bulbs

Worried about the bus but all three are 100w hellas and what a difference it makes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts