BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yet another tire deal..I just ordered a set at http://zzrbikes.com

Buy the rear Viper, get the front for $18 shipping fee.

That's 2 sets of tires from Pirelli and Avon I've bought this week.

I'm good till spring!

·
Registered
452 Posts
Good gawd man!!

I just did the Pirellie deal too!!! :ricky

I'm told that the pirelli will wear very fast and that 3k miles is a distant wish on these sneaks. Is this AVon any better?

I have about 3700 miles on the Conti RA I put on and the dealer told me I was needing to replace the "balloons" I called tired asap. :(

Thanks for finding the deal for me!!

Gravity

·
Registered
452 Posts
Interesting prices

Motorcycle-superstore.com 168.99 + 10.00 shipping = 178.99

Ridedirect.com 154.99 + 10.00 Handling = 164.99

Affordablemotorcycletires.com 140.00 + 18.00 Shipping = 158.00

http://www.americanmototire.com/ 137.87 + 11.54 shipping = 149.41

tireexpress.com 134.99 + 13.00 shipping = 147.99

zzrbikes.com 134.99 + 13.30 shipping = 148.29

That's for the v60, 180/55/17

I looked at about 5 more sites but many of them didn't care the V60.

Anyone else find them cheaper?

Thanks,

Gravity

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool - the brotherhood of the k-bikes.com come together to find some killer deals on tires!

I just got my front Pirelli Corsa III today(less than 4 days) after sending in my forms....suhweeeet!

I know the owner of zzrbikes.com and he's real good to deal with - can't ride worth a damm, but he does do customer service real well.

·
Registered
207 Posts
0302-0116 - 180/55 ZR17 Diablo Corsa III Rear
I found this one on the website and it appears to be the size that will fit my KR but this particular tire is not listed on the BMW recommended list for my bike. I am quite certain that this tire would be fine, but I have heard that because of the weight of the bike you could only use certain tires.

Sportrider, have you installed your Corsa tires yet? Just wondering what your take on all of this might be. Getting ready to ride the Dragon's Tail next month on my to PA and I need a new back tire before I go. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
452 Posts
got another one!

Sent in my Avon promotion request form today. I decided to purhase from zzbikes since you started the thread and there was less than a $1 difference between him and the lowest price. I like to give the business to "good guys" anytime I can. :rotf:

I'll have Pirelli and Avon tires available for my October trip to Las Vegas. I wonder which set will last longer? :confused:

I'm thinking I'll try the Pirellis on the trip which will be about 3,500 miles.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Gravity

·
Registered
452 Posts
sure it does...

go here for the linky. Follow the instructions and whammo!! :)

I bought my rear today and mailed in the form. Hopefully I'll have my new tires by this time next week.

Cheers,

Gravity

·
Registered
103 Posts
Pirelli tire deal.

Hi Guys,

I went with the Pirelli Deal too. And " zzrbikes.com " were great to deal with. Scot sent me a "PDF" file through E-Mail to send to Pirelli. He said my rear tire will ship today. I have 4500 miles on my 06 K1200s. I am on my second set of tires. The second Rear tire is about half shot. My first were the Bridgestones. The rear picked up a nail at 2500 miles or so and was about done anyway. I went to the Metzler M1's which i like a lot better. At least they felt better in the twisties to me. run 36/42 psi and check them at least twice a week.

We will see how these work out.

Regards,

George

·
Registered
123 Posts
tire

I can't believe that it took about a minute to buy the rear tire using PayPal. That was so simiple. I am waiting for the email so I can claim the front tire. According to the site once you purchase the rear he sends an email with the claim form.

Thanks for the tip

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Scott at zzrbikes.com is good people - he's right there with Pirates Lair and Evoluzione when it comes to customer service. I have known him personally
for years.

We had a zzr1200 rally at TWO this last weekend and he came up for it and
gave away door prizes.

He was giving away asslesss chaps, beenie helmets , leather vests - tooo funny...I haven't belly laughed that hard in a long time.

I told him he needs to become a premier vendor here, so watch for Scott and
tell him ga_bmw_rider sent you.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I don't know...

about this sitution. I called scott two weeks ago and he said the tires were backorderd but a shipment just came in today...wait...there's your tire...I'll be shipping it today.

No tire.

Called him yesterday and he says "they are backorderd but a shipment just came in today...wait...there's your tire....I'll be shipping it today. I e-mail you the tracking info."

No e-mail so far.

I got the pirelli 4 days after placing the order and the free tire the day after that.

I guess there could have been a huge demand for these tires, thus the backorder. I somehow feel bit um...well......odd about the deal. In fact, I told scott, hey, you told me the exact same thing two weeks ago when I called you. He didn't really acknowledge the statement.

Luckily, I have time to extend the benefit of the doubt to Scott. I have the Pirelli Corsa III's mounted (nice sneakers!) and won't need the avons until I get back from my trip to vegas.

It has been a month though....

Anyone else waiting on these tires? Anyone else order from this vendor.

Best,

Gravity

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I bought 2 sets - one has been delivered. The other set was ordered Aug.31st.
I called Scott yesterday and he told me the Avons are backordered and that they may come tomorrow.

·
Registered
123 Posts
He told me the same thing on Tue. I just got a shipment in today and I will email you tomorrow after I get it on the truck. Funny thing how I got the free one in about 10 days and I can't get the one I paid for at all.

Going to mount the pirellis next week, they were great about delivery. I think I had both tires in a week or less.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yea, I got my Corsa III's really fast too...2000 miles now on the rear and it's almost toast. 2500 is about all I'll get on the rear.

·
Registered
452 Posts
the corsa wore very fast!!

I guess I was wise to buy a tire in Vegas BEFORE the trip!! So much for the triple compound in the Pirelli!

I got a call from fedex this a.m. My free Avon will arrive today. The rear is still .... well, still somewhere.

I'll keep you posted,

Gravity

·
Registered
452 Posts
Rear

tire came today. I thought it was the front but clearly the rear made it in first.

New rubber is always cool!!

Gravity

·
Registered
123 Posts
Avon Tire deal

Just sent off a couple of emails to Scott at zzr1200 and to Avon wesite to see if I get any response on where my tire is. It's a shame that a company would put on a promotion and not have the tires to handle the demand.

The pirelli deal had maximum of 1000 tires they were going to sell. Obviously Pirelli got there act together.

Avon and Scott quit lying to your customers.

·
Registered
452 Posts
all in!!

Got the free front yesterday and now have all my rubber in house.

Glad that's over.

Gravity

1 - 20 of 33 Posts