BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stopped at a garage for fuel and my back wheel semi locked up - just done 60kms. I could not pull away, just kept on stalling. Put the bike on centre stand and wheel would not turn. Stood and stared and a couple of other riders came to look, when I showed them, the wheel spun once and stopped. I showed them again and the wheel spun freely. Drove 200kms home, no problem.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Happened to me three times in 14K miles. I am convinced that small rocks are jamming the return of the rear brake pedal.

First time it happened I had ridden over 50 miles on a recently chip sealed road with lots of loose gravel, lightly applied the rear brake to make a slight bend and my rear brake hung up. Felt like I threw out the proverbial boat anchor.

Mentioned this to my local dealer(wonderful) and they could not find any fault codes in the system.

My rear disc carrier is slightly discolored but I have no shudder or judder.

Who knows?

Mark in Chico
07 KGT Graphite

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is VERY interesting, the road I had just driven on was tarred recently, lots of loose gravel chips. I drove into the filling station and waited my turn, about 2 minutes, when I tried to move forward the bike stalled and would not move. Putting it on the centre stand maybe dislodged the stone, if it was that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts