BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just checking in.

I made it to and back from Death Valley. Left Thursday noon and arrived Friday morning with an overnight stop in Tehachepi.

Lots of different bikes but mostly BMWs. I saw one other K12R (Yellow) and a few K12S bikes amongst the BMWs.

Return trip was 500 miles and included stops for breakfast and gas. Left around 7:15 AM and made it home by 4:45 PM. Bike ran flawlessly except for the digital display is acting up a bit. Will have it checked out. It's the gear indicator that flashes the gear and the neutral light stopped working for a short while.

As far as comfort. I could do a thousand mile day if I have to.

Temps ranged from mid 60s to a low of 32.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Funny...I was planning

Going too but on my KTM 950 (some Az 950's were there and posted over at ADVrider) but had to bow out. Went last year and had a great time. Did go out with about 30 other sportbike guys today..quite a few were wow'd by the KR...they were surprise how well it tracked in the corners and I think very surprised by the exeleration- this bikes really growing on me..

·
Registered
433 Posts
raffyk said:
Just checking in.

Bike ran flawlessly except for the digital display is acting up a bit. Will have it checked out. It's the gear indicator that flashes the gear and the neutral light stopped working for a short while.

I had the same problem on my S. Within a couple of hundred miles the gear indicator and neutral light started working properly again and I've had no problems since (c. 27,000 miles).

Ken

1 - 4 of 4 Posts