BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to invest in a back protector and would like to hear any members tales re this piece of equipment..good or bad.

Without knowing what the high end cost of these things are ill say the price isnt important to me.

I do however want good protection without feeling burdened or uncomfortable.

I live in a climate that only varies from warm to hot so breathability/coolness is also important or it will probably just end up collecting dust.

Ive had a look online at the Dainese range and they seem to have a good product but theres nothing like first hand experience.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
291 Posts
Don't know what gear you're partial to but I dig Vanson jackets. They come equipped with zippers in the back that allow you to slide in back armor. Vanson makes a pretty cool articulated piece that's sold in different sizes. Here's a picture of what I use. Not too heavy but you definitely know it's there. I've gotten used to it and wouldn't ride without now.

Hope this helps,

David

Attachments

·
Registered
749 Posts
Last July we took a ride up to Newfoundland, and while it was cool there, when we left it was in the 90's in New York. One of the guys in the group, in fact the only guy without a BMW, wore an ICON body armor vest the whole trip. We teased him it about it looking like a bulletproof vest, but he swore it was comfortable. The guy is 68 and rides an FJR. To his credit I don't remember ever waiting on him, though he did growl a bit on a 800 mile day we did. I hope I'm in his shape at that age. Check it out here

http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/Icon_Field_Armor_Vest--35-ICON05-1.html

1 - 4 of 4 Posts