BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

I've had a couple K75S's in the past, and while I loved them dearly, I wanted some technology to help tackle the commute on the 405, and I've been happy with a Triumph Scrambler 1200.

I'm back in the midwest these days, and I'm looking for something a bit more comfortable for distance, so i'm looking for a K1300GT to get back into proper sport touring.

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you spend some time searching through this forum, you will encounter lots of negatives about these bikes. People write on forums when something goes wrong, you never hear about all the satisfied customers.
I have one piece of advice, run your bike on premium high octane fuel, like they were engineered for.

I`ve been a happy owner for over 10 years, still think its a rocket ship, especially for a tourer.

Good Luck in your search.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, much like every bike they have their quirks. It's honestly a big reason why I'm looking at a K13 over K12 - seems to have gained a lot from the platform evolution there.

I rented an FJR1300 last weekend while I was in SF and rode it all damn day, and knowing how the two stack up I'm excited to get back on a K.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts