BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
The Gov
660 Posts
I've been using the Starcom Bluetooth interface since last year and like it. Similar device, plugs into the phone port on the intercom, pair it up with your phone and no more cables. I can now keep my phone in my pocket or topcase.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Hari,

Did you ever get this bluetooth connector? Did it work for you?

Thanks,
Brian

·
Registered
636 Posts
BMW System 5 Helmet and Blue Tooth

I'm not sure if this product works with the System 5 helmet, but my local BMW dealer advises me that there has been a BMW warning re the Blue Tooth helmet add on leaking water. I'm a bit concerned, as I want to upgrade my System 5 helmet to take the Blue Tooth fitout.
I wonder if anyone on the list is actually using the System 5 helmet from BMW fitted with the upgrade?

Best wishes all.

Ken

·
Registered
497 Posts
baytown said:
I'm not sure if this product works with the System 5 helmet, but my local BMW dealer advises me that there has been a BMW warning re the Blue Tooth helmet add on leaking water. I'm a bit concerned, as I want to upgrade my System 5 helmet to take the Blue Tooth fitout.
I wonder if anyone on the list is actually using the System 5 helmet from BMW fitted with the upgrade?

Best wishes all.

Ken
Unfortunately the System V is not available in the US. Otherwise I would own one.

Brian

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have a System 5 with the WCS-1 bluetooth module. It failed in very heavy rain in June. The delear was not allowed to replace it by BMW. Rather I had to wait three weeks for BMW to send a kit to the dealer to repair it. It was repaired in August and last weekend it failed again in heavy rain. According to the the dealer BMW has temporarily withdrawn the bluetooth option to deal with the problem. They are expecting to ship modified WCS-1 helmets later this month.
Joe

·
The Gov
660 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)

Attachments

·
The Gov
660 Posts
haridukes said:
Phil
Baehr AKT-03-02 and Hands-free 2.5 mm Audio Adapter for Cell-Phones
Adapter cable, cell phone, 2.5mm stereo plug to Universal interface.
(http://www.baehrusa.com/Cables_ULTIMAXL.html#)

http://www.cellularaccessory.com/audioadapter.html

if the cellular is Sony ericsson
Bluetooth-Headset HBH - 200 o HBH-20
http://www.mobile-review.com/review/sonyericcson-hbh200-en.shtml
http://www.mobile-review.com/review/ericsson-hbh20-en.shtml

Hari
Thanks, I think I'm going to use this guy in the wife's starcom, much cheaper than theirs.

·
Registered
108 Posts
baytown said:

Best wishes all.

Ken
My wife & I have BMW System 5 with bluetooth. They are currently back with the dealer again. They have not worked properly since we bought them more than 1 year ago. They have been worked on by the dealer several times, with new motherboards and even complete replacement units. Not happy with them at all, and if they are not fixed properly this time, we will be looking for our money back.

Regards, Brian

·
Registered
497 Posts
haridukes said:
In which place installed BLUEPHONE?
but are noises, some advice please
Hari Dukes
Hi Hari!

I have the same problem now that I moved the wiring from directly to the battery to the powerlet plug. I had to move it to a switched circuit because unlike the intercom the bluephone does not power down when the headsets are unplugged.

I did notice that the interference did go away above 2500 rpm.

Brian

·
I'm riding
1,339 Posts
baytown said:

Best wishes all.

Ken
Ken,
A lot of people here complain about it. It is not waterproof and leaks after the first rain. Also is not so easy to pair:-((

·
Registered
202 Posts
Ken
I've just received my third System 5 with bluetooth. This one seems to work even after heavy rain so I think they have got it right now!
Joe

·
Registered
497 Posts
haridukes said:
Brian
It is a serious backward movement to the quality of baehr, is no a solution?
Hari
Unfortunately none that I have found...yet.

Brian

1 - 17 of 17 Posts