BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have one of those, nice quality, fit perfectly and the holes drilled and tapped for a ram mount are a nice bonus.

Be aware that the adaptor does not make the bars higher, only moves them back. Also, the bars become fixed in the high position. You can not adjust the bars lower once you install the adaptor...didn't make any difference to me as I wanted them in the high position anyway.

With the helibars, pegs lowered, shift peg enlarger and Sargent seat and it finally fits :wtf :D

·
Registered
838 Posts
One of the European after market companies like Wunderlich or Hornig have these coming out. Unlike the Heli, they remained adjustable. Can't remember now where I saw this . . . .

Someone will remember.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Heli's

High end is what I need/want, so that will not be a problem. I'm going to change the threaded holes to accomodate the PanaVise balls, if certs will work, otherwise will have
two new threaded holes put in. (Smaller thread size) I need the bars back a-bit for the longer rides...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Riser comparisons

Has anyone compared the ergos of the bike with risers to other sport tourers like the FJR with risers? I'm curious which bike has the shortest arm reach/least lean for riders.

·
IBR# 366
3,145 Posts
If you can find back issues of Motorcycle Consumer News they give full ergonomic measurements for all bikes they test. They also do some pretty fair comparisons and have tested the GT and FJR. I'd look up the numbers, but I don't have my back issues handy at the moment. Maybe someone else here does?

I sat on an FJR yesterday and noticed that the ergos felt pretty good overall. But everyone is different so how you feel is what matters. As a test, you can sit on a GT with the bars in the high position. Stretch out your hands and just grab the grips with the first two knuckles (instead of hooking your palms/thumbs on the grips). That should approximate what the bar risers will do for you.

BTW, where are you located?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Meese said:
If you can find back issues of Motorcycle Consumer News they give full ergonomic measurements for all bikes they test. They also do some pretty fair comparisons and have tested the GT and FJR. I'd look up the numbers, but I don't have my back issues handy at the moment. Maybe someone else here does?

I sat on an FJR yesterday and noticed that the ergos felt pretty good overall. But everyone is different so how you feel is what matters. As a test, you can sit on a GT with the bars in the high position. Stretch out your hands and just grab the grips with the first two knuckles (instead of hooking your palms/thumbs on the grips). That should approximate what the bar risers will do for you.

BTW, where are you located?
New Joisey!

·
IBR# 366
3,145 Posts
Mogan said:
New Joisey!
So you're looking at a mail-in to get your seat done. Things get pretty busy around now as folks gear up for the riding season, but it's usually well worth the wait.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts