BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a set of 16 oz stainless bar ends from HVMP. These were test models, but I think that they are the same as the ones the have for other BMW models. However, on the site they list them as 14.6 oz, but in emails from the company I was told that the ones I have are 16 oz.

They look really good, and installation was a snap <5 min.

Sorry about the quality of the pics (especially the second one). Bad camera, and way too much coffee.

Brian

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey Brian,

I’ve never used aftermarket bar ends. Are these heavier or lighter than stock? What is the intended benefit, and what is your opinion of their functionality on your new GT? Thanks…

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
These are heavier than stock by at least 75% although I did not weigh them. Heavier bar ends can help reduce felt vibrations and give a heavier feel to the steering/bars.

I have not ride tested them yet, but I did rev the bike in neutral and did notice some vibration dampening.

Brian

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got to run a few hundred now with the new bar ends installed. I will say that I have noticed a subjective reduction of vibrations by ~ 30%. I also noticed a difference in steering. Specifically, there is a noticed improvement in transition smoothness, and in push effort at speed (the bike feels more "locked in" and requires more force) on the slab when changing lanes.

I would say worth the price.

Brian

1 - 4 of 4 Posts