BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
"Hey Y'all"
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Image test 2

Bar Harbor, June of 2005. Random pics from a great trip. Hmmm, I'm getting an urge for seafood. And another road trip. :)

We went to Scoodic Point.

Saw the locals greet us on a local island.

Cruised the harbor courtesy of the local mail boat.

Meandered around Acadia National Parl.

Visited Thunder Hole.

Took pics on the wharf.

Saw an awsome display of a cold front approaching.

Took some Scoodic Point action pics.

View from the mail boat cruise out of Winter Harbor.

And another island loop pic.

·
"Hey Y'all"
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Poll - Door 1, Door 2, or Door 3 ?

This should be a "test" post but I need feedback. Which post was "best"?

Thanks,
Tim

I'm just playing around with ideas, but I think I like # 1 best. This is the point where pillion would ask, "So why did you ask me?" How can I answer that? :) Still, your vote will be considered. Really, it will. :D

p.s. Rich, I take a few bad pics and suddenly "there's a problem". I feel better now that I've gone back and looked at some "slower" shots. Maybe the A520 just can't handle autofocus at speed. At least it seems to do parked pretty well.

·
Will ride for picts
1,645 Posts
CABNFVR said:
This should be a "test" post but I need feedback. Which post was "best"?

Thanks,
Tim

I'm just playing around with ideas, but I think I like # 1 best. This is the point where pillion would ask, "So why did you ask me?" How can I answer that? :) Still, your vote will be considered. Really, it will. :D

p.s. Rich, I take a few bad pics and suddenly "there's a problem". I feel better now that I've gone back and looked at some "slower" shots. Maybe the A520 just can't handle autofocus at speed. At least it seems to do parked pretty well.
I like #2 best. I don't think the autofocus is the problem as much as the slow shutterspeed. Too bad you can't set shutter priority on these cameras. On my S500, the best I can do is select a fast ISO speed to reduce the amount of exposure necessary, and thus decrease the shutterspeed enought to get more "stop action" effect and stop the blur.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Bar Harbor...........

I spent one week a year in and around Bar Harbor every year with my parents when I was a kid (8-14). What a gorgeous area, especially Acadia. If you happen to go again, check out "Jordan Pond" (I think somewhere in the Park itself). Definately try the lobster salad, and "popovers". Yummie. In town (Bar Harbor) there used to be a fisherman's pier that you would walk down this long wharf and they had picnic tables set up, and you would pick your lobster from the tank and cook it up. Corn bread, ear of corn and lobsters fresh from the Bay. My Mom was in her glory.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I like #2,great pics with an explanation of what and where you were. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I like the look and feel of #1 best and the slide show is great.

I like the descriptions on #2...can you add those to the slide show?

Never have cared for "teasers" like #3!

If so, #1 with added descriptions to the slide show is my choice!

Randy

·
Registered
310 Posts
CABNFVR said:
Still, your vote will be considered. Really, it will.
From the peanut gallery:
I think the #1 format is nicer looking/tidier but the captions in #2 add immeasurably.

·
Looking for better limits...
5,163 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts