BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I introduced myself and have an immediate question. I apologize as I belong to forums for my other bikes and have just neglected to get on one for this bike other than a couple facebook groups. Can someone let me know what battery voltage is normal on a running 2014 K1300S. I am getting 15 +\-. I just had a 1 year old battery replaced due to only having about half the rated cranking amps while showing 12.4 v on the tester. They said it was a bad battery but I want to make sure nothing really caused it to fail. I only have basic knowledge on this stuff so I am just checking the basics to make sure things are as they should be. Thanks.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I put a meter on mine once, and I saw those sorts of numbers. These things seemingly really crank the voltage, or my voltage rectifier is fried and is going to nuke my entire electrical system.

·
Registered
87 Posts
MHTOUR,

A yearly calibrated Voltmeter/Multimeter (FLUKE) you used, or something that's been banging around in your tool box, from Radio Shack, you purchased 15 years ago?

13 to 14.5 volts is typical.

A Carbon Pile test machine is the true way to check for plate degredation or to simulate true cranking loads..... but very dangerous in unskilled hands.

Happy Hunting

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MHTOUR,

A yearly calibrated Voltmeter/Multimeter (FLUKE) you used, or something that's been banging around in your tool box, from Radio Shack, you purchased 15 years ago?

13 to 14.5 volts is typical.

A Carbon Pile test machine is the true way to check for plate degredation or to simulate true cranking loads..... but very dangerous in unskilled hands.

Happy Hunting
GS911 showing the real time values.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts