BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have anyone had any experience with beaded seats? I have a friend that says that the beaded seats are more comfortable the the Alaskan Sheep Skin seats. Any thoughts

·
Registered
76 Posts
seats

I have both. The beaded seat is not really comfortable but it really works on keeping your rear in shape on long rides. It does what it claims. The Alaska Sheep Skin is comfortable and also gives your rear end a break. I personally would carry both. the beaded seat is not good in cold weather. I also have an Airhawk, which is better than both in my opinion.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have used the beaded seats in the past and would give them a thumbs up. I really like them for ridding in hot weather, keeps the air flowing under your ass and really makes a big difference.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I find that the beaded seat gives a good alternative on my LT in hot weather. I usually alternate using and not using at every other gas stop.

Ray

·
Registered
191 Posts
Have used both...

...and I've gone to just keeping the Alaska Leather sheepskin on the bike. Comfy and ventilated in summer, warm in winter so it's good year round. I liked the beads pretty well in summer for the ventilation, the sheepskin breathes pretty well too.

Lowell Mattox - St. Louis
K1200RS / SR500

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have the Alaskan Leather Sheepskin and was pleasantly surprised at how much difference it makes in comfort on a lengthy trip. Well worth the $29.95 (show special) I paid at the Int'l Rally in Lima this summer. I use it all the time. However, I understand that switching between the beads and the sheepskin gives you the best of both worlds.

By the way, it is my understanding that the best beaded seat covers come from:

http://beadrider.com

I examined their product very closely at the Lima Rally and found their covers to be much better constructed than any other beaded seat cover. Designed for industrial use, no doubt.

Get both. Compared to the cost of a new aftermarket seat, you still come out waaay ahead.

OkeefenokeeJoe

·
Registered
489 Posts
I used beads for years summer and winter on the stock seat. Added much comfort. Never had a problem with the cold and ventilation in the summer was great. Great when it rains because you don't have to sit in a puddle of water. Up to 915 miles in one day.

I have not had to use the beads since getting the Sargeant seat. Up to 920 miles in one day.

·
Registered
437 Posts
me too

i rode 8000 miles in june on stock seat. couldnt have done it without beads. i recently purchased the sargent seat. we'll see this summer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts