BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The First Lady and I went on a short ride yesterday (her first on the new GT).

We need some seat relief.

Where is the link to the company that sells the beads for the seat? It was just here a day or two ago but now I cannot find it.

Can you help?

·
Registered
497 Posts
I am using one right now as a stop gap until I get a custom job done on the seat. Works well. You will be surprised at the air flow. I am not used to having a cold butt.

Brian

·
Registered
66 Posts
bnblazer said:
I am using one right now as a stop gap until I get a custom job done on the seat. Works well. You will be surprised at the air flow. I am not used to having a cold butt.

Brian
How well does it work?

Still want the custom seat?

-mark=

·
Registered
267 Posts
milkman said:
How do beads compare to sheepskin?
Think we are in the realm of personal preference here but since you asked....I would rate the beads a few steps beyond the sheepskin. Sheepskin only extended butt pain for me for the first 100 miles...beyond that, it really doesn't make much difference after a stop that I noticed. Tried it last year on my 2k mile trip in the UP. Was not bad, but was nothing great either IMHO.

Beadrider offers better breathing I noticed, and you can do the butt wiggle to move some blood around your arse to message it while riding. Also keeps you off of a wet seat if it is raining better than the sheep.

Tried the beadrider for my ~5k mile trip to Nova Scotia a few weeks ago. Did mostly 350 to 400 days, with a couple +500 and longest day of ~600 (from Maine to PA). Beads work, but still don't stop the onset of monkey butt for me. Russel daylong is next on my list.

·
Registered
497 Posts
MarkMGT said:
How well does it work?

Still want the custom seat?

-mark=
Yes, I still want the custom. The beads work well, but IMHO are just a band aid in this particular situation. I am leaning toward the Meyer but I want to take a look at the shop that Greg mentioned .

The beads give a lot of ventilation, and more area to move on so that you can change the pressure spots. The are slightly slippery, and while I don't slide side to side, I do find myself on the tank a bit more. Are they worth the money? I would have to say yes.

Brian

·
"DELIVERS"
870 Posts
I'm getting the impression that some feel that a custom seat is going to help monkey butt....nope.....I have a Mayer seat and am looking at either sheepskin or beads...the seat is much more comfortable than stock but your butt is still sitting on leather.
:ricky

1 - 9 of 9 Posts