BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
We're zoned for what ? cool !
186 Posts
Send that to BMW...

because it's a big improvement over what they have offered. Kind of a Speed Quadruple look.

·
Registered
324 Posts
camfarm,

look into getting the exhaust ceramic coated in black - it really changes the look of the bike (make sure and do the underbike heat shield as well).

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay

NakedRider said:
I'm really starting to like this "all dark" look. How much was it for the panel change?

Chicago BMW $492 shipped for left and right gas tank panel and battery cover.

Some black gloss and clearcoat for the home job on the pegs and back panels.

EV, I am looking at the options for the dark can.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Bike looks terrific...

And blacking out the rear pass. pegs and handger really finish off the bike- I'm going to do the same thing but can't decide if I'm going to powdercoat/anodize or just paint them as you did...Are you going to sell (ebay?) your factory panels or keep'em.

What are planning to do next?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Next Up

Next I'm going to ride the bejesis out of it! Trips planned for May, July, August and October with monthly outings in between. Going to Boise this summer via long roads and easy schedules. July 1-15 total trip time allotted.

The Evoluzione air kit. Maybe.

Thinking about a Windscreen (Cee Bailey's isn't out yet, AC Schnitzer cockpit fairing looks nice, Secdem and BMW sport version are on the list).

Less thinking about a belly pan vice ceramic coated pipes - very iffy for now.

Even less thinking about handguards. But they enhance the heated grips.

Center stand? SW has a nice price. Engine protector guard - SW again has an offering.

So much to play with!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yellow Plastic Parts

The fork covers and gas tank panels are wrapped and saved for now. If someone has a WTB, I'd probably let them go. Otherwise, I might think up something for later on - like a racy paint finish in some off-color scheme. Or just switch back to yellow when I feel like buying a new bike next time!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Thanks for the tip on simply removing the fork protectors. I don't care for their overly angular appearance or their color (mine are silver). The forks look good and make a strong statement (THIS AIN'T A NORMAL BIKE). And of course, it's more naked.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
HuecoDoc said:
Thanks for the tip on simply removing the fork protectors. I don't care for their overly angular appearance or their color (mine are silver). The forks look good and make a strong statement (THIS AIN'T A NORMAL BIKE). And of course, it's more naked.
I've been pondering this too - however, I'm a bit cautious about doing it as I don't know that the fork protector's functionality is 100% appearance. I.e are they there to serve some other purpose too..?! :confused:
Other than that, they can go! :)

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

I've had them off for 3K miles and noticed no ill handling effects...so an aerodynamic purpose isn't proven.

David Robb stated in an interview at the time of the Intermot show that it was a merely cosmetic treatment....don't have the reference, but remember being happy to hear that.

I worried a bit about protecting soft metal or finish of the wishbone but again, no ill effects except to wipe the bugs and grit from a different surface.

To each his own preference, of course.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
camfarm said:
I've had them off for 3K miles and noticed no ill handling effects...so an aerodynamic purpose isn't proven.

David Robb stated in an interview at the time of the Intermot show that it was a merely cosmetic treatment....don't have the reference, but remember being happy to hear that.

I worried a bit about protecting soft metal or finish of the wishbone but again, no ill effects except to wipe the bugs and grit from a different surface.
That's what we want to hear.. :) I sincerely wish they're cosmetic :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.