BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

Belly Pan and Frame Slider Kit from San Jose BMW

14K views 24 replies 10 participants last post by  NakedRider 
#1 ·
Just found out today that San Jose BMW now officially has what they are calling a Frame Protection Package or kit, consists of 5 parts, two for the front forks two for the frame and one for the final drive unit The price is something like $200.00. I saw the peices installed on a K1200R while I was back there just before Christmas and they look very good.

They also have a belly pan just like that on the Power Cup bike painted to match your bike for something like $600.00. They also have some other trick goodies for the K1200R and S.

#2 ·
That's cool and I'm looking forward to seeing what they have but for some reason Lisa at San Jose hasn't returned my email or call....hmmmm and I told I would probably take a set but all I wanted was to see some pics. Hey- just noticed your in AZ too, riden an S or R? I may get up that way when it warms up a tad... again thanks for the heads up!

#3 ·
Amos, yes I have ridden both the K1200S and K1200R quiet a bit. I have also ridden the K1200R Power Cup bike, I liked them a lot. I currently have a R1200ST that I picked up last March 29th, the first one sold in the US. At Bonneville where I road the Power Cup bike, it was a total blast doing 140 plus MPH, 1 mile diameter power slides.

Lisa Has been out of town for a while, I think that she will be back either today or tomorrow, pics have been taken and will be posted as soon as she gets back. I played with all the parts just before Christmas, they looked great.

#4 ·
That makes sense..she's in NYC at the dealer meeting- didn't put 2 and 2 together..are you in Az now? maybe we should meet up sometime- I'm hopeing to put my KR back together and ride it to Phx this Sat to attend Barrett Jackson. I'm very interested in seeing the "other" P?C parts.

Michael

#9 · (Edited)
Just recieved the sliders

and not to be "ignorant" but there are not any instructions as to what slider (there are 5 in the package) goes where? anybody installed these yet and have a pic or idea where things go? I'll also send an email to SJ BMW to see what they say.

#11 ·
Are we all Ignoring Amos, as he's having a complete monologue here...

... ;) Please post the pics :)

#12 ·
Ignore Amos said:
I just ordered the frame sliders from them and to get a real person in parts I had to dial "0" spoke to Tiby in parts. 408-295-0205
Got tired of waiting for response from comatose SJBMW and bought the AC Schnitzer bellypan from Iron Horse BMW. Finished dry-fitting them last night after some dremelling and trimming. Will paint it tonight.

I also bought the CRG lane split mirror to replace the stock mirrors. Got to put the stock bar end weight on the lathe machine tonight so as to allow the mirror install to the end of the bar.

Thanks Amos

#13 ·
Awdnut, what do you mean by triming for fit on the AC belly pan? Does it need some finishing work to fit well? For how much that thing costs, I would figure it just needs paint and its ready to go........

#15 · (Edited)
VR4:

First of all the Schnitzer belly pan is hand-laid fiberglass/CF material. So, thickness of panel is not always uniform. On the area where the upper radiator cowl mate with the belly pan, I need to reduce the thickness of the belly pan on the right side to allow the metal nut bracket to able to slide to the belly pan. I also need to slightly grind down the metal part from the engine (where the middle part of the belly pan) to allow the included washer from the bellypan to fit properly. The stock plastic upper radiator cowl also need to have its lower tab trimmed/cut to mate with the belly pan. See first pic. No biggie just dremel works.

BTW, I also managed to minimize the rear license plate mount to just the plate. The CRG lane spliter mirrors are installed also. So no more antennas :eek:

#18 · (Edited)
Looks sweet..

nice combination of custom work and parts...may have to go with those bar end mirrors, like the C/F handguards, assume the're packparts? What can is that? and the rear end shaped up nicely too-congrats!

#19 · (Edited)
Ignore Amos said:
nice combination of custom work and parts...my have to go with those bar end mirrors, like the C/F handguards, assume the're packparts? What can is that? and the rear end shaped nicely too-congrats!
Amos & Alan:

I am following you on the Krylon of the belly pan. The plastic cowls are not painted. Can is Laser hotcam. Handguards are Pack-parts.

#20 ·
I'm inspired....

Those CRG mirros are just sexy!!!! man, doing a search on the the net and I see they list for $85 bucks..apiece! well, I found them here:

http://www.tobefast.com/detail.aspx?ID=37

for $71.99 each, still pricey but at least I'd think I'm getting a deal..maybe I'll order a set.

#21 · (Edited)
CRG mirrors

The CRG mirrors are available in two versions. One of them is the fixed version and the other is the "lane spliter" version which is foldable. I bought mine at Chaparral Motorsports for $75.99 (more money but free shipping)

Just machine 10mm from the end of the bar into 7/8 of an inch diameter to accept the CRG mirrors (not to mention krylon it at the end)

#24 ·
#25 ·
They fold

Awdnut said:
The CRG mirrors are available in two versions. One of them is the fixed version and the other is the "lane spliter" version which is foldable. I bought mine at Chaparral Motorsports for $75.99 (more money but free shipping)

Just machine 10mm from the end of the bar into 7/8 of an inch diameter to accept the CRG mirrors (not to mention krylon it at the end)
I had a set of the lane spliters on my R1. Did you know they fold in when you go over 165MPH?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.