BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a 1300S HP Motorsport for 3 weeks now. Loving it.

The standard seat was a bit of a plank at first. I've got used to it now (did a 350 mile day the other day with no major issues) but wonder if anyone knows what's the best option if I did want something more comfortable. I want something sporty, not a big fat Corbin. I put a Sargent on my 1300GT and its great, but their offering for the S is pig-ugly.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
38 Posts
The standard seat encourages a slow but deadly slide towards the tank for me, requiring rearward shuffles every 20 mins. Bloody irritating.

The Sargent is firmer, but much better long distance - the shape keeps your wedding tackle away from the tank. The pillion pod makes it look a lot better, at a price of course.

Kahedo is also very good - possibly as good as the Sargent - but very rare. I think they stopped making K1200S/1300S seats several years ago. It's smooth & tidy, smaller than the Sargent, and has no piping (which on the Sargent can annoy some riders).

Or CM Seats will make you something, but you have to know what you want first.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The standard seat encourages a slow but deadly slide towards the tank for me, requiring rearward shuffles every 20 mins. Bloody irritating.

The Sargent is firmer, but much better long distance - the shape keeps your wedding tackle away from the tank. The pillion pod makes it look a lot better, at a price of course.

Kahedo is also very good - possibly as good as the Sargent - but very rare. I think they stopped making K1200S/1300S seats several years ago. It's smooth & tidy, smaller than the Sargent, and has no piping (which on the Sargent can annoy some riders).

Or CM Seats will make you something, but you have to know what you want first.
Thanks - useful. Funnily enough I don't find myself sliding forward on the S standard seat, but the one issue I have with the Sargent on the GT is that I do a little - its a very comfortable seat but less so when one is on the narrower bit towards the front. I have the same with the standard on on the GT. I prefer the bars adjusted right down on the GT but have to have them half-way up so that I'm sitting back. I'm not short in the arm so its a mystery why.

Didn't know of Kahedo - will check out. Think I've considered CM seats before (along with a firm in South London). If you reckon them I may well spec something out and go to them

Cheers

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've had Sargent seats and I always order them with no logo, all symphony vinyl and no piping.

View attachment 30795
Yes, Sargent are very well make. Yours looks very comfortable and agree best with no logo or piping. The rise up to the tank must keep your arse (that's an ass to most of you lot) on the main bit - the one on my 13GT doesn't have that and, as noted in my response to Rich, one slides forward on to the narrow neck a bit. Shame as its otherwise great

·
Registered
2009 BMW K1300GT
540 Posts
Yes, Sargent are very well make. Yours looks very comfortable and agree best with no logo or piping. The rise up to the tank must keep your arse (that's an ass to most of you lot) on the main bit - the one on my 13GT doesn't have that and, as noted in my response to Rich, one slides forward on to the narrow neck a bit. Shame as its otherwise great
That was the one on my old R1200RT. This is the K13GT.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
European eBay is your best bet. Set up a search, and wait. Mine came from Lithuania.
Ta. OK, so I take it they're not made any more. I'll keep an eye on eBay. Have used the Lithuanian breakers a few times - very good value - but suspect they're laundering stolen bikes so won't use them any more. Hopefully one'll turn up from somewhere else

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have one of these on my bike and love it. I got mine used as someone bought it and the bike got totaled before the seat came in. So it was basically new.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have one of these on my bike and love it. I got mine used as someone bought it and the bike got totaled before the seat came in. So it was basically new.

View attachment 30824
Very interesting re the seat.

The S looks very tidy. They do look best in black I think

1 - 14 of 14 Posts