BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on some longer trips this summer. With all of the failed battery stories I keep hearing I'm going to be proactive and replace the BMW battery with an Odyssey battery before the oem fails. Sooo what's the best price anyones gotten and where can I get one (PC680) Thanks

·
contributor
4,827 Posts
If you have a batteries plus by you they usually keep them in stock. Proabably paid $10-15 more but it was convenient.

Oh BTW, when I left the keys in my SUV the entire night and ran down the battery, I hooked up the little PC680 to the SUV with a little boost from a small battery charger/starter and the SUV fired straight up. Nice.

·
IBR# 366
3,151 Posts

·
Registered
1,658 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,680 Posts
Get the PC680MJ (i.e. Metal Jacket) one. Withstands higher temperatures sitting on top of that covered engine by about 40-50 degrees.

Per this battery seller's website.

"Comments:
The PC680MJ (MJ=Metal Jacket), means the battery is housed in a metal jacket. This enables the battery withstand higher ambient temperatures. The PC680MJ is rated to withstand temperatures of 176 degrees Fahrenheit vs. the standard PC680 is rated at 140 degrees Fahrenheit.
Odyssey is the best battery you can buy, offering the most cranking power available of any battery its size, a whooping 680 amps for 5 seconds when full charged. The physical case size of the PC680 was designed for military applications and may not be a perfect fit for your bike as it is sometimes a bit smaller; but more powerful; than the original battery. IN SOME APPLICATIONS MINOR CABLE ADAPTATIONS MAY BE REQUIRED."

The only thing I did was to fit a 1/2" x 1/2" x 4" long wooden stick wrapped in tape on top of the plate that bolts the battery down. My local battery dealer had them in stock and was about $119 out the door.

You'll probably find it cranks up a lot better as well than the grunting the BMW stocker does.

Mack

·
contributor
4,827 Posts
Great, now take that price and go to Racer Parts Wholesale. They have a guaranteed lowest price and are very aggressive. Most of the time it's not just lip service.

They sponsor the site as well!!! :teeth

1 - 10 of 10 Posts