BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I was wondering if anyone has been able to nail down a reliable price source for the Zumo's. I've found price swings from $700 - $1250 at different web sites. I plan on adding the XM service at some point on my 07 GT for ridin' toons . Scott

·
Registered
452 Posts
Be careful....XM Got me hooked on X country music. I started listening to it on my trip from New Orleans to Vegas and man, it was super!! I recommend getting the traffic and weather package too. The weather leaves something to be desired but I think it will improve once they merge with Sirius.

Gravity

·
Registered
91 Posts
I bought mine two weeks ago from PC Nation for $654.15. New in the box, US version with all the right stuff. Free shipping, no sales tax.

I'd give that two thumbs up.

Dave.

·
Registered
36 Posts
mlinkibikr said:
I bought mine two weeks ago from PC Nation for $654.15. New in the box, US version with all the right stuff. Free shipping, no sales tax.

Dave.
Yes this was the best price and free shipping.

Lee

·
Registered
418 Posts
Mark's Outdoor Gear

Hi Fellas,I bought a Garmin Zumo 550 from Mark's Outdoor Gear,Florence KY,on May 28,it still hasn't arrived.I have called a number of times and keep getting very nice people on the phone saying"Everything's all right."

Has anyone dealt with MOG before?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’m a Sergeant for a local police department outside of Columbus, OH. We had purchased 15 new BMW motorbikes that come with a GPS already installed. We contacted BMW and they informed us Garmin produced the GPS’s and the model was a Zumo 550. They gave us a price a little over $1200.00 each, so we did some research on the internet and found Mark’s Outdoor Gear under 630.00 plus free shipping. We purchased 20 Zumo 550's from them on June 10th and we received 5 different packages, 4 units each, by June 18th.

We came back on July, 15th and purchased 10 more at 625.99 and received these on July 22nd. We are very happy with this company and will continue purchasing from them.

We also purchased 5 more units from PcNation, at 646.80 each, on July 15th and received these on July 21st. They had a free shipping special for fedex 3 day shipping. They shipped on July 16th and rec' on July 21st. Great deal! We are very happy with this company also and will still to buy here. The only thing we found wrong with PcNation units were two of the five were once returned to them and they reshipped them back out to us. We called PcNation and talked to a rep, David, and he was very helpful and had us to return them to him for replacements. We received the two replacements on August 6, 2008.

I believe both of these companies have been worth finding online.

Marks Outdoor Gear - Zumo 550 for 625.99 and free "Ground" shipping.
http://www.marksoutdoorgear.com/servlet ... gps/Detail

And Pcnation - Zumo 550 for 646.80 and free "FedEx 3-day" shipping.
http://www.pcnation.com/web/details.asp ... 330&GEN0=Y

Thanks for having a great forum to bring good information to good people.

·
Registered
114 Posts
mlinkibikr said:

Dave.
PC Nation is a good outfit , price and service :clap:

·
Would rather be riding
537 Posts
TwoWheelCop said:
I’m a Sergeant for a local police department outside of Columbus, OH.
Doubtful. You sound more like a shill from Mark's Outdoor Gear trying to create some astroturf to cover up some bad reviews. ...especially since suspiciously similar text appears on other review sites for that company. Not buying it, sorry.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I searched all over the Internet on comparison sites / forums and found that some people had purchased their zumo 550 at Best Buy for less than $575.00. I called our local BB and they had not even heard of this promotion. The young man said that maybe some stores are dumping their inventory.

I found mine at Marks Outdoor Gear for $625.99 with free shipping and received it today. It did take a little longer than what I thought because their site says that they are located in KY but my item shipped out of Memphis, TN.

I had purchased this on a Wednesday thinking I would have it before the weekend since Florence, KY is not but 135 miles from my office. They didn't ship my package until Friday morning and it arrived this Tuesday but I was out of town on business.

Charging my unit now and will be putting it on my bike this weekend. Is there anything that I might need to know before getting started?

Thanks

Michael

·
Addict-oholic
1,416 Posts
man_hole_K12r said:
Charging my unit now and will be putting it on my bike this weekend. Is there anything that I might need to know before getting started?

Thanks

Michael
Mike, Get the mapsource software up and running on your computer and then you will be able to customize your routes. It is a fantastic unit. What mount did you use on your bike?

·
Registered
8 Posts
It already had the mount - I purchased my bike at a bank auction and everything seems to be here but the GPS. It was already an aftermarket mount and I think either the person who lost the bike took the GPS or someone after it was recovered.

I got one of the guys in our shop installing it today for me. I can't wait, I was going to do it myself this weekend but my business partner and I are taking our bikes on a weekend run to Morgantown, WV to look at a jobsite. Anyway this is what we are telling our wives, sounds good.

Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey Larry,

I was thinking of purchasing the XM receiver - do you have any experience in this matter. I see that Garmin doesn't really offer any bluetooth option on receiving the xm radio to my headset.

Thanks

Michael

·
Addict-oholic
1,416 Posts
Michael, I am not using the xm receiver. iIhave downloaded my music and audio books onto an SD card and listen to it through a set of earbuds and bluetooth my phone in so I can hear the phone. I cannot talk back on the phone as i have to stop and use the microphone in the Zumo to talk back. I really only want to know when i get a phone call and then can stop and check.

·
Registered
468 Posts
allikanbe1 said:
I'm not saying that you can't get a good deal from Techon Digital, but I would read their reviews before sending money. See the link.

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Techondigital

They make there money on the cards and batteries. You have to talk to them after an internet order to verify the order (not a bad idea) but like the reviews they try selling you memory cards and such at outrageous prices. Thankfully I spoke the language and could tell them (I lied) which cards I already had at home, so thanks, but I'm flush.

I order the 450, saved some big $$ (do tunes through my iPhone and earbuds anyways) but it's on backorder, so hopefully I'll see it in the next two weeks. I did call to change the address as I'm moving (they were helpful) but I also put it on the Amex - just try and mess with me and one phone call to customer service at Amex and problem solved.

Buyer beware, yes the reviews suck, but with the Amex and credit card protections I'm looking at a heck of a deal. We'll see if it show up at my doorstep now!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts