BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
I went with the soft bags. The bmw hard bags whill looking good just didn't have the capacity. Down the road I may go with something like the hepco and becker hard bags on a sw-moteck mounting system though they do stick out quite a ways. Still checking everything out. Dave

·
Registered
32 Posts
Luggage for K12S

I've got the BMW cases for my S. I like them. They really do hold alot of stuff if you pack correctly. W/ my tank and seat bag I've got plenty of storage.
That said, the soft bags are ALOT cheaper to buy. That leaves more $ for tires and gas.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The other half just got one of these for the R. The small one. Well made, well organized, attaches nicely and is a good everyday sort of size. If we decide to go for a longer trip, we'll probably need to pick up the next size up for my bike. Oh, and if you order one - it comes with the rain cover, so you don't need to buy the extra one.

http://www.aerostich.com/product.php?productid=16405&cat=280&page=1

·
Registered
4 Posts
Put Givi's on my K1200S using the SW-Motech removaeable brackets and they work great. Plus being able to remove the brackets, in less than 10 seconds, keeps the bike looking great when I don't need the bags.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ended up going with the OEM bags and I have no complaints. They seem well made, fit nicely, and the frame looks okay with bags removed. I was disappointed to find my local dealer wouldn't discount a penny. Bought them from a dealer in VA via eBay.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Which Givi's did you go with? Got any pictures?
Thanks!
-b

magicia3 said:
Put Givi's on my K1200S using the SW-Motech removaeable brackets and they work great. Plus being able to remove the brackets, in less than 10 seconds, keeps the bike looking great when I don't need the bags.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts