BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best way to improve headlights on 03 k1200rs? I have read some about hid conversions, are these worth the money? Is there a bulb replacement that helps. You are out riding you lights when on dim at about 50mph. Thanks Don

·
Registered
440 Posts
a single HID upgrade for the main beam IMO is the best $70 you'll spend if you ride at night. If you want more light, get some walmart $15 driving lights and shove H3 HIDs in there. the beam pattern sucks, but what can u expect for $15 lights?... the light output however, is unrivaled. :)

people think I'm a cop when I come up fast on them at night. :-D

·
Registered
130 Posts
I used the Philips Silverstar bulbs and thought they made a big improvement to the crappy K12RS headlight. That's if you can't or won't go HID.

·
Addict
3,750 Posts
Most tungsten bulbs that claim more light either do so because they tint the glass blue to create an illusion, or they run the filament hotter.

When filaments run hotter the life usually goes down, particularly with all the bumping about. Changing bulbs on these bikes is a pain in the backside.

As long as the ballast electronics stay good, expect 6000 hrs from HID lamps. At 50 mph that's about 300K miles which is far more than the life of the bike or how long you might ride it.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts