BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
contributor
4,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tim Shook, a K1200RS rider and moderator here on K-bikes.com, has had significant health issues recently. Details were posted here.

Friend in Trouble

Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

·
no power in the 'verse can stop me
1,126 Posts
Well then, perhaps an update is in order.

I'm sitting up taking nourishment. :teeth

On a very regular basis, I might add.

My recovery is coming along at a really nice speed. I got out of the hospitals / rehab units on
July 21st. Was still generally weak from having been cut on and what-not, but am in physical therapy at the local hospital on a weekly basis now.

Not back to work yet. The disability check shows up every week though, so I'm good with that.
Haven't been on the bike since I had the aneurysm exploded on me in May, but I'm getting the itch so 'll probably at least take it up to the gas station and top it up with some gas and Sta-Bil before winter hits Ohio.

T'was the grace of God and the gazillion prayers that people said for me that has pulled me through so far. :yesnod:

·
contributor
4,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like great progress! :clap:
Slow and steady.

Keep us posted! :ghug:

·
Registered
25 Posts
best wishes Tim

I know what its like ti have health issues...been there and coming out the other side...prayer and friends do help.
My thoughts are with you Tim .... :ghug: :ghug: :ghug:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello Tim, I'm a new guy on the block here but have been riding motorcycles since 1947. My newest bike is a K1200RS. So far I'm getting along fine with it. Now then, my prayers are headed your way for a full and complete recovery. Happy Fathers Day to you and may you have blessings now and eternally

·
no power in the 'verse can stop me
1,126 Posts
Got an update for allya'll

Got notice in the mail yesterday that I've been approved for Social ecurity Disabiity insurance.

So, there's money coming in every month :D

Can't beat that.

Sucking on the government teat. :rotf:

things are progressing nicely, still no sensation in my left hand yet.. other than hot and cold.
Don't know if I'll be able to ride again, however I got approval to driv and that's a fine start.

·
contributor
4,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
shook sez said:
Got an update for allya'll

Got notice in the mail yesterday that I've been approved for Social ecurity Disabiity insurance.

So, there's money coming in every month :D

Can't beat that.

Sucking on the government teat. :rotf:

things are progressing nicely, still no sensation in my left hand yet.. other than hot and cold.
Don't know if I'll be able to ride again, however I got approval to driv and that's a fine start.
Glad you are coming along!
My wife was grounded due to medical conditions for a while and you never know how much you miss driving until you can't do it.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Re:

Hey Tim, hope you're recovered very well.
You're not sucking if you've paid in for years. You're only getting a portion of your investment back.
Sucking on the Govt is those who have never left Uncle Sam's Farm!
Hope all is well. :D Dickey

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wish you well with your recovery. I'm 8 weeks post open-heart surgery. Was told to not ride for at least three months post op. Obviously, the doctors were not motorheads. Been riding for the past couple of weeks. I am not suggesting that you ignore your doctors! Be smart. Get better.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts