BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to accent my K1300S w/ some carbon pieces and purchased the battery cover and the tank insert. The tank insert fits fine but the battery cover is manufactured incorrectly and is way too small and you can see the fuel overflow line through the large gap between the cover and the tank sides. But their response is its "within spec for a part like this."
Look elsewhere if you want quality carbon parts...........

Motocomposites crap..........
White Light Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire

Stock
Vehicle Automotive tire White Motorcycle Light

Sucks because I waited almost 6 weeks for this garbage...........

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Like the old saying goes...." You Get What You Pay For"
I'm not quite sure of the intent of your comment but these parts are not cheap in price, nor was I looking for the cheapest price.. The battery cover was $105.00, which is not cheap at all for that much material.

No worries, though. I've already disputed the charge and got my money back. (y)

·
Registered
272 Posts
I'm not quite sure of the intent of your comment but these parts are not cheap in price, nor was I looking for the cheapest price.. The battery cover was $105.00, which is not cheap at all for that much material.

No worries, though. I've already disputed the charge and got my money back. (y)
Sorry my mistake. I thought it was one of those $35 covers. I just looked it up and for that money it should fit like a glove

·
Registered
100 Posts
Not disputing your fitment issue… but I will note that the factory body panel on your bike is adjustable tighter if you do want to keep the part and get a closer fit.
you can adjust the rubber grommet and screws to pull it tighter to the tank
I purchased two CF pieces from Motocomposites and found their quality to be on par with Bestem. Not quite Ilimmburger but I had zero issues with them and would buy from them again.

you’re never going to get perfect OEM fit in carbon fiber parts from aftermarket companies. You can choose to pay the big bucks and get the BMW OEM CF parts this has been my experience.

I also think it’s a Dick move to slam a company with a headline like that then get your money back afterwards.

·
Registered
2007 K12R
137 Posts
I bought my CF bikini fairing from Motocomposites and am quite pleased with it.
Not every aftermarket part will fit perfectly. I’m glad you were refunded for a part that did not satisfy you. But I’m here to testify that MC does make good parts too.
Tire Wheel Plant Land vehicle Fuel tank

·
Registered
59 Posts
Sorry guys you can feel all you want about this the fact is they let a substandard part out the door. They should have refunded and learned from the mistake in quality control not made matters worse by trying to pawn off crap on a consumer.

Zero excuse the part was badly made by one assumes a professional and yet you see better work by DIY guys on youtube.

If you look at the sample photo on the website the number of fibre threads is one greater in width than the one the OP received.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I’m always bemused by people’s indignation when an utterly non functional bauble they’ve purchased fails to meet expectations.
You need to get a better hobby. Someone being defrauded by the sale of merchandise that does not match the vendors own photos is unacceptable and in no way amusing to a rational person.

·
Registered
35 Posts
You need to get a better hobby. Someone being defrauded by the sale of merchandise that does not match the vendors own photos is unacceptable and in no way amusing to a rational person.
He wasn’t defrauded. He got a part that doesn’t fit as well as he’d like. But thanks for the valuable life advice. Perhaps as a new hobby I’ll take up whingin’ about carbon fiber part fitment on behalf of other people.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Sorry guys you can feel all you want about this the fact is they let a substandard part out the door. They should have refunded and learned from the mistake in quality control not made matters worse by trying to pawn off crap on a consumer.

Zero excuse the part was badly made by one assumes a professional and yet you see better work by DIY guys on youtube.

If you look at the sample photo on the website the number of fibre threads is one greater in width than the one the OP received.
soooo…did the OP return the part to the vendor ? Or complain, bad mouth them publicly, get his money back …. And keep the part ?
you know I’m asking because he talked happily about how bad it was how happy he was to get money back but the OP didn’t say anything about His responsibility to do the right thing ? just asking 😆

·
Registered
272 Posts
soooo…did the OP return the part to the vendor ? Or complain, bad mouth them publicly, get his money back …. And keep the part ?
you know I’m asking because he talked happily about how bad it was how happy he was to get money back but the OP didn’t say anything about His responsibility to do the right thing ? just asking 😆
Are you kidding? How about his time wasted? And there refusal to accept return for a substandard part? How about there about responsibility to do the right thing? ........I bet you believe in "woke" and "crt" also

·
Registered
100 Posts
Are you kidding? How about his time wasted? And there refusal to accept return for a substandard part? How about there about responsibility to do the right thing? ........I bet you believe in "woke" and "crt" also
🤣🤣🤣🤣 you write think like a terrified old guy

·
Registered
272 Posts
🤣🤣🤣🤣 you write think like a terrified old guy
Ooh hit a soft spot 🤣🤣🤣🤣 , So you do believe in "woke" and "crt".... You're a joke keyboard coward. It's people like you that are ruining this world. Now go ask your mommy to change your diper and run off to your safe space.....kid

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I asked them to send me a return label so I can send their trash back to them. I have not received a label or response.

Whats funny is, how freakin hard is it to COPY a part? You simply use the OEM part as the plug for the mold.

Not only is the part approx. 4 mm too narrow, they did not incorporate the little ridge that is present around the edge of the battery cover. That alone accounts for about 2 mm.

And you cannot "adjust" the sides of the tank fairing. It gets bolted to the bike in one position and can not be altered.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Not disputing your fitment issue… but I will note that the factory body panel on your bike is adjustable tighter if you do want to keep the part and get a closer fit.
you can adjust the rubber grommet and screws to pull it tighter to the tank
No you can not.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Ooh hit a soft spot 🤣🤣🤣🤣 , So you do believe in "woke" and "crt".... You're a joke keyboard coward. It's people like you that are ruining this world. Now go ask your mommy to change your diper and run off to your safe space.....kid
🤣🤣🤣🤣 sad lonely old man begging for attention and a fight move on boomer; no need to hurl insults pops

·
Registered
100 Posts
No you can not.
Yes. The adjustment is not on the battery cover; it’s on the side fairing itself. the tan grommet slides and the hole in the fairing is elongated and can be more so for a clean gap fitment. Here it is fitting perfectly, Ilimberger Bestem and Moto Composites on my bike 😄
i’m comfortable building and making and adjusting things myself not everyone is. Again not disputing your fitment issue and I’m glad you did the right thing by attempting to return it if you got your money back. 👍
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Land vehicle Sky

1 - 20 of 21 Posts