BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I scheduled an appointment with my dealer to have the banjo bolt recall done. I asked him about squeaky brakes and he said that's a bmw, they all do it. But I just printed out the BMW Service bulletin 34 007 05(037) (Front brakes squeals) and plan on showing that to him. I also called BMWNA and asked them what open recalls they had on my bike and they said the banjo bolt, and the valve adjustment check interval. I asked if he could look up the info I had about the squeaky brakes and/or the ver 6 software "00 005 06 (020)" but he said he couldnt. I'm assuming I can give these four service bulletin numbers to my dealer and he can take care of all of them.
Do I have a good plan for this, or is there anything I"m missing?

·
Registered
207 Posts
The only thing that I would be leery of is the software updates. If your bike is running good, ie throttle response, no flat spots in the rev., not back firing, I personally wouldn't let them update it. I have a buddy that had his done and it worked out great, mine on the other hand screwed my bike and now I have to wait to the 7.0 update (sometime in the next few months) to hopefully get my bike back the way I had it. Like I said, this is my personal experience.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Basically, the ALL MIGHTY COMPUTER that they hook into will "tell zem vhat to do" and nothing else! My bike, manufacture date 11/05, had open issues within range of the recall, but the recall says Vin range for reference only, my bike showed no open campaigns.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts