BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be flying in to the area in August for a few days for a school reunion in the Healdsburg area, and would like to rent a bike for the time I'm there. Has anyone had any experience they can share with any of the companies renting bikes in the SF area?

·
Looking for better limits...
5,163 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
I think Santa Cruz or San Jose BMW rent bikes-

·
Registered
1 Posts
Great Experience

I rented from BMW San Francisco back in 2001, I loved the experience so much that I went home and ordered my first BMW. I phoned ahead, and the bike was waiting for me, out the door in minutes. Wish I was going, the roads are GREAT.

·
Statmaster
2,313 Posts

·
Statmaster
2,313 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
MC rentals in SF

Having rented many bikes in SF over the years I have found the folks at dubbleju to be exceptional. They have a variety of new bikes, BMW, Triumph, and HD
and even some discounted used BMW's. They will give you itineraries and rent equipment if you come from out of town.. They are right in the city so you can walk there.

http://www.dubbelju.com/rodeo.htm

Enjoy,
Noel

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I did rent from Wolfgang at Dubbelju, and had a fine experience. Took the BART from the Oakland airport to downtown, bike ready and waiting. Smooth transaction. The 650 GS was pretty weak compared to my usual K1200RS, but that's more a reflection of me being too cheap to spring for a bigger bike than it is on the bike or on Dubbelju! Rode the wine country and coastal areas north of SF, and enjoyed myself enormously. It's an area well worth exploring, for those who are thinking about it.

Thanks again to all for their helpful suggestions!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts